Incoming BSW students will be assigned two different academic advisors as they continue through the undergraduate degree program. BSW Freshmen and 1st semester sophomores will be assigned an Undergraduate Advisor from the Office of First and Second Year Advising at the Sullivan Center. Transfer students will be advised by advisors in the BSW program according to their year in the program.
BSW Juniors and Seniors students are currently advised by Dr. Jeanne Sokolec, BSW Program Director. Her office is located on the Water Tower Campus on the 5th floor of Maguire Hall (1 E. Pearson St.) in Office 510. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312.915.7019. 5-Year MSW students are advised by Jennifer Bernecker, Academic Advisor Coordinator. Her office is also located in Maguire Hall, Office 554. She can be reached at email@example.com or 312.915.7038.
Students who are on academic probation may be reassigned to Dr. Sokolec regardless of their class standing. Additionally, students in crisis or who wish to speak with the BSW Program Director may contact Dr. Sokolec at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312.915.7019.
Suitable Academic Progress [SAP]
Any full-time student who fails to earn any credit over one semester can be restricted to part-time enrollment at the dean's discretion. Any full-time student who fails to earn at least 9 credits over two semesters can be dismissed for a lack of academic progress. A student who may be at risk of not earning credit should schedule a meeting with Chris Alemán to discuss program options.
BSW/5-year MSW Program Templates
- BSW Academic Advising Template
- BSW/5-year MSW Program Advising Templates
- BSW Student Handbook
- BSW Independent Study Guidelines and Approval Form
- BSW Internship Deadlines
- BSW Internship Forms
University Forms & Links
- BSW Internal Transfer Request
- Multiple Degree Request Application Form
- Release of Academic Records
- Request to Take a Course Outside the University
- Request to Discontinue School or College Form
- Appeal to Register for Over the Credit Hour Limit
- Pass No Pass Request Form
- Undergraduate Request for an Incomplete form
- Undergraduate Request to Audit a Course form
- Request to Repeat a Class
- Change Your Major Through LOCUS
- Add, Change or Drop 2nd Majors and Minors in LOCUS