Incoming BSW students will be assigned two different academic advisors as they continue through the undergraduate degree program. BSW Freshmen and 1st semester sophomores will be assigned an Undergraduate Advisor from the Office of First and Second Year Advising at the Sullivan Center. Transfer students will be advised by advisors in the BSW program according to their year in the program.
Second Semester Juniors/Seniors/5 Year-Program students are advised by Chris Alemán (Academic Advisor Coordinator). His office is located at the Water Tower Campus on the 8th floor of Lewis Towers (111 E. Pearson St.) in suite 850. He can be reached at email@example.com or 312.915.7011. Mr. Alemán is also available to meet with students on Thursdays at the LSC in the Sullivan Center, 2nd floor in the First and Second Year Advising offices by appointment.
Students who are on academic probation may be reassigned to Dr. Sokolec regardless of their class standing. Additionally, students in crisis or who need higher level advising can contact Dr. Sokolec. Dr. Sokolec can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 312.915.7019.
Suitable Academic Progress [SAP]
Any full-time student who fails to earn any credit over one semester can be restricted to part-time enrollment at the dean's discretion. Any full-time student who fails to earn at least 9 credits over two semesters can be dismissed for a lack of academic progress. A student who may be at risk of not earning credit should schedule a meeting with Yolanda Golden to discuss program options.
- Social Work with Core Template & Four-Year Advising Guide
- Five-year Program Advising Template
- BSW Student Handbook
- BSW Independent Study Guidelines and Approval Form
- BSW Internship Deadlines
- BSW Internship Forms
University Forms & Links
- BSW Internal Transfer Request
- Multiple Degree Request Application Form
- Release of Academic Records
- Request to Take a Course Outside the University
- Request to Discontinue School or College Form
- Appeal to Register for Over the Credit Hour Limit
- Pass No Pass Request Form
- Undergraduate Request for an Incomplete form
- Undergraduate Request to Audit a Course form
- Request to Repeat a Class
- Change Your Major Through LOCUS
- Add, Change or Drop 2nd Majors and Minors in LOCUS