Alternative Text & Document Conversion
The Alternative Text service is available through SSWD for students with visual or other print-related disabilities. SSWD can assist qualified students with obtaining their texts in alternative format, such as audio or e-text. SSWD has established the following process to ensure that your required readings are received in a timely manner.
Please click here for Alternative Text Options.
- Students must meet with SSWD Staff to determine if they are eligible for alternative text services.
- If eligible, students will complete Alternative Text Agreement to be kept on file.
- Students must provide SSWD with the list of required books for each class, preferably before the start of the semester.
- Students are required to purchase their own copy of the text, and must provide proof of purchase for SSWD to keep on file.
- Students are required to provide SSWD a copy of their class syllabus. SSWD will attempt to obtain syllabi directly from faculty; however this is not always possible.
Alternative Text Agreement Document: