SSWD Testing Center
The SSWD Testing Center is be available at the Lake Shore campus in Sullivan Center Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 5pm. Testing space in Sullivan Center will be available on a first come, first serve basis. We ask that the student and faculty member coordinate their testing needs with SSWD staff in a timely manner.
Please note: Students who are eligible for extended time only and not a private testing site are expected to take their tests with the class. These students should coordinate their extended test time with their instructors. Please reference the student’s SSWD accommodation letter, which will indicate their specific testing needs.
- 5-7 business days before a scheduled test or quiz, a student must inform their instructor of his/her intent to use a SSWD Testing Center.
- SSWD recommends that students begin scheduling their tests as early as possible. Exams are expected to be taken on the same day as the class.
SSWD will need confirmation from the instructor if the exam is scheduled for an alternate day.
- If approved by instructor, the student must contact SSWD Testing Staff at either SSWDtesting@luc.edu or (773) 508-3468 to schedule his/her test. The day & time of test should be included along with the course and instructor information.
Testing Center Staff will email the student and instructor to confirm space availability. A Test Proctor Form will be included in the email.
- Student is to arrive 10 minutes prior to the start time of the exam.
The student is less than 15 minutes late for an exam, it is at the discretion of the proctor whether he/she will stay later to accommodate the tardiness.
The student is between 15 and 30 minutes late, this time be taken out of the student's total exam time. Note: The proctor is not expected to stay beyond the time of the scheduled exam due to the tardiness.
The student is over 30 minutes late, he/she will not be allowed to take the exam and must contact the instructor to discuss the next step.
- If student needs to cancel an exam, he/she must notify SSWD and follow-up with instructor.
1. Once the test date and time are confirmed, SSWD will send an email confirmation of the schedule test along with an SSWD Test Proctor form. This form is to be completed by the instructor and delivered with the test via email or by hand to Sullivan Center, Suite 117.
We ask that the exam be delivered at least one business day before the day of the exam.
Please do not use campus mail.
Please include all scantrons, bluebooks, and any other necessary materials along with the exam.
Please include a clear indication of whether or not notes/caculators/books are allowed for the exam.
2. Faculty may choose to pick up the completed test from the SSWD office, or a Testing staff member will return the test to instructor within 24 hrs.
3. Alternatively, faculty may choose to arrange for a private testing site within their department.
We appreciate your support and communication, both of which are critical to meeting the needs of students with disabilities. We look forward to collaborating with faculty and staff to make this process successful.