Student Rights & Responsibilities
According to the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, a student with a documented disability is entitled to the appropriate accommodations requested in order to compete on an equal basis with peers.
Students with disabilities who wish to receive services and accommodations at the start of the semester must do the following:
- Contact the SSWD Staff at the beginning of the semester to request accommodations.
New students: Contact SSWD at least four weeks before your first term at Loyola.
Returning students: Contact SSWD during the first two weeks of each semester or term to determine appropriate accommodations for that semester or term.
- Provide appropriate documentation of their disability in order to receive the requested accommodations
- Deliver individualized letters of accommodation to faculty. If a faculty member is unavailable, students should consult with the appropriate department chair. If neither the faculty nor the chair is available, students should request assistance from SSWD.
- Provide faculty the accommodation forms within a week of the date on the forms to ensure timely provision of the accommodations
- Contact SSWD if reasonable services and accommodations are not implemented in an effective or timely manner