CISI Insurance FAQ's
All Loyola University Chicago students and visiting students studying at a Loyola University Chicago Global Center (the John Felice Rome Center, The Beijing Center, and the Vietnam Center) must be enrolled in international insurance through CISI (Cultural Insurance and Services International) prior to studying abroad per the university’s travel policy. It is extremely important that you carry your CISI Participant ID card at all times while overseas. The Office for International Programs will enroll you in CISI and will email you the card prior to the start of your program.
CISI Brochure, FAQ Sheet and Claim Form
- For an overview of the LUC international insurance policy, including prices, click here.
- Click here to read the most recent CISI Policy Brochure, which explains the plan coverage in full detail.
- The CISI Claim Form explains how to submit a claim.
- For a list of Frequently Asked Questions about CISI please click here.
- Please remember that there is a $100 deductible for each medical incident that you have treated.
- Please be prepared to pay out of pocket and then submit a claim for reimbursement to CISI via the claim form (see above).
Students who believe that they have insurance coverage that will meet the minimum requirements of the LUC policy may attempt to waive this requirement by completing the formal waiver process by November 1 for J-Term and Spring study abroad, by February 1 for Spring Break study abroad, and by April 1 for all Summer, Fall, and Academic Year study abroad. Completion of this process does not guarantee that a waiver will be granted. For more information regarding coverage minimums and the waiver process, click Here.
Additionally, if you would like to add related products such as Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption Protection, you can purchase that directly on the CISI Marketplace website. Simply click on "Trip Cancellation & Interruption Protection" and it will direct you how to purchase these insurance benefits directly from CISI.
Assistance When Overseas
If you need to use CISI in an emergency situation you can follow these steps:
- Notify your on-site staff if possible so they can help assist you.
- Call CISI/Team Assist to open a case. They have a 24 hour line where emergency assistance can be provided. If calling from overseas, the number to use is (01.312) 935.1703 (collect calls accepted). Calls from the US should go to 855.327.1411. Remember that your ID number is the Loyola policy number GLM N04849590 and anyone can open a case for you—friends, family, OIP, your program staff. The sooner the case is opened the better.
- Make sure to present your CISI ID card at any medical facility that you go to so they know that you have the plan.
- Contact the Office for International Programs (OIP) if you are able, so we can help monitor your situation and help provide the necessary resource. Main line: 773.508.7706 or e-mail email@example.com. After hours, contact Campus Safety at 773.508.6039. Campus Safety will be able to get in touch with OIP.