The Pre-college Summer Scholars program:
- Is open to high school students who have successfully completed their freshmen, sophomore or junior year, enabling them to enroll in undergraduate courses at Loyola University Chicago;
- Allows students to choose between for-credit and non-credit academic options;
- Gives students the option to live on campus or commute from home;
- Sets meetings with advisors and other campus partners to discuss the college admission process, on-campus social and cultural life, and Loyola’s commitment to service and social justice;
- Conducts tours the library, laboratories, and other facilities, and has program participants meet with other student groups in residence at Loyola; and
- Engages students in on-campus recreation; introduce them to cultural arts, sports, and service-based activities in Chicago; and help them discover what residential life is like at a great urban university.