Loyola University Chicago is proud to offer the Pre-College Summer Scholars program to high school students from Chicago and around the world. Since 2007, our program has provided academically advanced students with the opportunity to be truly immersed in a college campus environment while intellectually exploring your chosen subject. Without a doubt, this summer is shaping up to be your most memorable yet!
As a Summer Scholar, you will stay productive and engaged by being involved in this culturally enriching experience, while being a part of Loyola’s vibrant learning community. Our program options cover a wide range of interdisciplinary subjects, including: physics, science, writing, business, mathematics, fine arts and communications. These courses, taught by esteemed University faculty, prepare you for the rigors of academia as well as provide a realistic view of college life.
As a Summer Scholar you will:
- Strengthen your academics skills while earning in a rigorous college environment;
- Meet and study alongside other academically focused students;
- Experience the college classroom with renowned faculty;
- Gain access to the notable resources of Loyola University Chicago;
- Explore summer in Chicago with the city’s famous beaches, festivals, and events.
Our students enjoy academic challenges, the University experience, and the world-class city of Chicago. On behalf of the Pre-College Summer Scholars program, I look forward to welcoming you to Chicago this summer.
Bridget Wesley, MA, LCSW
Office of First-Year Experience
P.S. Once admitted, don’t miss our Family Orientation, which gives you the opportunity to ask questions and meet the faculty and staff who will be your daily resources for the duration of the summer!