Thank you for taking the time to take a closer look at our program and what we can provide for your students. We believe this program to be a once in a lifetime opportunity. And your efforts to help foster student success during their summer months is invaluable. We at Loyola appreciate everything you do.
This page was specially developed with the needs of the counselors in mind. Whether you are searching for the current summer or know of a student who may be eligible in the future, we want to have the most up to date information at your disposal. Below you will find a handy reference list to guide you through our site in order to find all the information you need.
The Summer Scholars program is designed for motivated sophomores and juniors who want to get a head start on their college careers. While in the program, students get a preview of college life at a respected university in the world-class City of Chicago. They also acquire life skills through their involvement, as they experience campus life, meet other students from around the world, and participate in various educational, cultural, and recreational activities.
- Karladora Chavez: As Program Coordinator, I am ready to answer any of your questions.
- Academics: Find out about each of the different programs we offer during the summer.
- Tuition and Fees: Obtain total fees for each program (please notice the price differential between the number of classes a student may want to take as well as housing status: residential vs. commuter.
- Day In The Life: Examine what a typical day looks like for our students.
- Activity Calendar: Details all the activities and events conducted during the afternoons, evenings and on the weekends.
- Student Testimonials: We believe the best reflection of our program is how our students feel. We are happy and successful only when they are happy and successful. Here you'll find some of our past students' testimonials.
Students will need to complete the online application for consideration. The new 2015 application opens on TBD.
Applications are accepted on a rolling, case-by-case basis—Applications will not be reviewed until all materials have been received by our office. Students will receive update emails informing them of any missing documents.
International Applicants will also need the following:
- TOEFL score report showing a minimum score of 79 (internet), 550 (paper), or 213 (electronic) or an IELTS score of at least 6.5 (**If you do not have a TOEFL score, we will also accept SAT scores as an alternative).
- Review our International Students page for additional details.
Review our Important Dates page for more info.