Outreach and Public Service
Loyola University Chicago is committed to the advancement of societal understanding and appreciation of the environment in the urban setting. The University offers students a rewarding experience under the guidance of CUERP, other Centers of Excellence and departments to conduct outreach and public service projects that are educational and help to build practical life-skills.
- Collaborate with community partners such as the Edgewater Community Council and Rogers Park Green Corp to develop sustainable environment plans.
- Develop internship opportunities with community partners.
- Biodiesel Lab tours give an overview of CUERP's mission, the STEP and Biodiesel Programs, and a step-by-step walk through of the biodiesel production process.
- Conduct workshops that focus on small-scale biodiesel production, alternative transportation, waste reduction and composting, and home energy reduction.
- Collaborate with Chicago Wilderness, a consortium of more than 200 environmental experts working to protect biodiversity in northeastern Illinois and northwestern Indiana.