Loyola's Dining Partner
Green Threads is the overall summary of Aramark's commitment to environmental sustainability. Partnering with Loyola, Aramark strives to reduce the University's carbon footprint through dining options and operations.
- Tray-free dining in the two buffet-style dining halls: Plate waste is reduced by 25%-30% per person and saves more than 500 gallons of water annually by not having to wash trays
- Sustainable Seafood Procurement Policy
- Locally sourced fruit, vegetables and baked goods
- Fair Trade products used in dining and sold in cafes
- Donates the waste vegetable oil to Loyola's Biodiesel Production Program
- Holds a "Meatless Monday" menu in the dining halls
- Vegetarian and vegan eating options
To learn more about Aramark's Green Thread at Loyola, check out Sustainability with Loyola Dining.