Office of Sustainability
The goal of the Office of Sustainability at Loyola is to support the faculty, staff, students and alumni in making the University a leader in the Chicago region and internationally among Jesuit institutions. Loyola University Chicago is embracing sustainability through our campuses, curriculum and community.
Loyola’s sustainability initiatives are guided by the following principles:
- We seek to have the lowest environmental footprint in Illinois
- We support sustainability across the curriculum
- We believe sustainability is about Social Justice
- We facilitate the campus as a learning laboratory
- We support a pathway to careers (that empower a just future for all)
- We envision the campus as a community change-agent
Loyola’s Sustainability Mission
Sustainability at Loyola is driven by our Jesuit tradition of social justice, our service to humanity, and our role as an institution of higher education. It is embodied in an educational experience for our students and activities that seek to meet the needs of the present generation without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. We are committed to an inclusive process considering social, economic and environmental impacts and exemplified in a transformative education for our students.
There are many opportunities for you to help lead Loyola’s sustainability efforts.
Contact us anytime to see how we can help you SustainLoyola! firstname.lastname@example.org