Loyola-palooza Job Opportunity
Loyola-palooza Job Opportunity
2017 Lollapalooza Music Festival at Grant Park in Chicago wants to minimize its environmental impact by diverting waste from landfills. The Divert It! team is key to the success of the front-of-house composting system. This team will have specialized duties at assigned stations, such as helping patrons put their waste, recyclables, and compostables in the correct bins and educating fans about the Festival's environmental initiatives.
Again this year, Loyola has been picked to partner with Lollapalooza and event organizers, C3 Productions, to support sustainability efforts around the four day music festival. This opportunity allows Loyola students to help out with the recycling and composting efforts underway during the event and get access to the festival.
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO APPLY TO BE A MEMBER OF THE 2017 DIVERT IT TEAM AT LOLLAPALOOZA.
PLEASE NOTE YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION TO APPLY:
- Contact Information (please use your luc.edu email address)
- Availability during August 3 - 6, 2017
- Resume (prefer .pdf format)
- Name and contact of two references
Members of the Divert It! Team will work a paid four hour shift and gain access to the music festival. There will be three shifts (early, midday and late) and the shifts will be determined by the Loyola and C3 staff. We will try to accommodate a member's interest but expect that everyone will work each shift across the four-day festival. Hiring preferences will be made by 1. Availability, 2. Prior Sustainability Service and 3. Interest in advancing sustainability. Any questions can be directed to email@example.com.
Sustainability Service at Loyola
We are giving preferential hiring to this year’s Divert It! team if you must have completed at least three hours of sustainability service at or around Loyola. Loyola students that have completed this requirement will be the first hired to work on the Divert It! team. A list of sustainability service opportunities is below but these opportunities are first come, first served and we will NOT accommodate all requests to volunteer. Once you’ve completed at least three hours of sustainability service, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, luc.edu email address and the event that you assisted with. If you have any questions, reach out to us at email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Sustainability Service Opportunities:
- Food Recovery Network food donation team – Contact Sean McNelis.
- Loyola University Retreat and Ecology Campus work days – Second Saturday of each month. Contact Dr. Lammers-Campbell to volunteer.
- Urban Agriculture work days – Help out in the IES Greenhouse or Winthrop Demonstration Garden. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer.
- Loyola4Chicago - Students currently working on these efforts are eligible for this program if your effort meets the general goals of "sustainability service".
Our partners host service opportunities every single weekend. Any of these are eligible opportunities for sustainability service. We just ask that you have one of the event organizers provide their name and email contact so that we can confirm your participation.
- Alliance for the Great Lakes Beach Clean ups
- Forest Preserve District of Cook County
- Chicago Park District Natural Areas
- Friends of the Chicago River
- Chicago River Day
If you have a service opportunity identified that addresses sustainability through improving equity, society or the environment, reach out to us and see if it meets our criteria at email@example.com.