Loyola-palooza Job Opportunity
Loyola-palooza Job Opportunity
2017 Lollapalooza Music Festival at Grant Park in Chicago wants to minimize its environmental impact by diverting waste from landfills. The Divert It! team is key to the success of the front-of-house composting system. This team will have specialized duties at assigned stations, such as helping patrons put their waste, recyclables, and compostables in the correct bins and educating fans about the Festival's environmental initiatives.
Again this year, Loyola has been picked to partner with Lollapalooza and event organizers, C3 Productions, to support sustainability efforts around the four day music festival. This opportunity allows Loyola students to help out with the recycling and composting efforts underway during the event and get access to the festival.
WE EXPECT THE APPLICATION TO BE AVAILABLE SOON. IT WILL BE POSTED ON THSI SITE WHEN IT IS AVAILABLE. PLEASE CHECK BACK OFTEN.
In order to be eligible to participate in this year’s Divert It team, you must have completed at least three hours of sustainability service at or around Loyola. Only those Loyola students that have completed this requirement will be invited to apply for the Divert It team. A list of sustainability service opportunities is below but these opportunities are first come, first served and we will NOT accommodate all requests to volunteer. Once you’ve completed at least three hours of sustainability service, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, luc.edu email address and the event that you assisted with. If you have any questions, reach out to us at email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Sustainability Service Opportunities:
- Clean and Green – Join in with others from across the city in a Spring clean up for sites around Rogers Park and Edgewater. In partnership with the Department of Community Relations. April 22nd. Must Sign Up HERE!
- Think Green and Give – Each year Loyola students donate clothes, food and other goods during their move out. We need help transporting and sorting these materials. Takes place May 2nd - 10th. Must RSVP here.
- Arbor Day Tree Planting – As a part of EarthWeek, join us on April 23rd from 1-3 p.m. to plant trees at Loyola. RSVP here.
Other Opportunities on Campus:
- Food Recovery Network food donation team – Contact Kristen Courage or Sean McNelis.
- Loyola University Retreat and Ecology Campus work days – Second Saturday of each month May 13, van is available to take volunteers to LUREC. Contact Dr. Lammers-Campbell to volunteer.
- Urban Agriculture work days – Help out in the IES Greenhouse or Winthrop Demonstration Garden. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer
Our partners host service opportunities every single weekend. Any of these are eligible opportunities for sustainability service. We just ask that you have one of the event organizers provide their name and email contact so that we can confirm your participation.
- Alliance for the Great Lakes Beach Clean ups
- Forest Preserve District of Cook County
- Chicago Park District Natural Areas
- Friends of the Chicago River
- Chicago River Day
If you have a service opportunity identified that addresses sustainability through improving equity, society or the environment, reach out to us and see if it meets our criteria at email@example.com.