February 1 to March 28
RecycleMania is a national competition between among universities to measure and compare recycling over an eight-week period. Loyola has competed in Recyclemania since 2009. During the contest, we encourage everyone—students, staff and faculty—to pitch in!
- Take your recyclables and place in the appropriate bin
More ways for Loyola to gain the competitive edge during RecycleMania:
- Text to 21212 #LUC #RM2015 anytime you REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, or COMPOST
- Each text is a point added to Loyola's RecycleMania scoreboard!
The ultimate goal of RecycleMania at Loyola is to reduce our consumption. Do your part to think about the waste we generate and what we can do to reduce it.
Our goal? To have a 50% recycling rate!
- Rethink It! Avoid the "one-time" use of items and excess packaging.
- Reuse and Recycle.
- Divert from landfill
The duration of Recyclemania is a great opportunity to begin incorporating a new positive behavior in order to reduce consumption. And remind others to do their part.
Check out the benefits of recycling:
- Reduced 193 Metric Tons of CO2 emitted into the atmosphere
- Loyola's recycling during the eight weeks is equivalent to 103 cars off the road
Loyola Dining and RecycleMania
Special activities are taking place throughout the RecycleMania competition on campus with prizes sponsored by Loyola Dining. Participate in actions that REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE during the special activities and receive a prize!