February 7 to April 2, 2016
Our 2016 results are in!
Thank you to everyone who participated in this year's RecycleMania Tournament.
Here are the categories we excelled in during 2016:
- Game Day: Basketball - Diversion Rate: Loyola University Chicago, Illinois (Overall winner with a 96% Diversion Rate at our Zero Waste Game against Wichita State.)
- Waste Minimization - 21.7 pounds per student (Ranked #14)
- Diversion Rate - 50.9%. (Ranked #34 out of 208). This was higher than our average last year (44%)
Go here, for all the 2016 RecycleMania results.
RecycleMania is a national competition among colleges and universities to measure and compare waste reduction over an eight-week period. Loyola has competed in RecycleMania since 2009. During the contest, we encourage everyone—students, staff and faculty—to pitch in!
The ultimate goal of RecycleMania at Loyola is to reduce our consumption and divert waste from the landfill. Do your part to think about the waste we generate and what we can do to reduce it.
Our goal? To continue increasing our recycling rate each year! In 2015, Loyola’s Lake Shore Campus exceeded a 50% recycling rate for the first time! We aim to build on this momentum and continue increasing our recycling rate each year. Here’s how you can help us achieve this goal:
- Rethink It! Avoid the "one-time" use of items and excess packaging.
- Divert from the landfill through reuse (i.e. use reusable cups, mugs, bottles, napkins, etc.)
- Take your recyclables and place in the appropriate bin.
The duration of RecycleMania is a great opportunity to begin incorporating a new positive behavior in order to reduce waste and remind all Ramblers to do their part to put Loyola at the top of the competition rankings!