Financial Aid & Scholarships
John T. Trahey Mustard Seed Scholarship for Theatre Arts
- John T. Trahey Mustard Seed Scholarships are tuition awards that enable talented students to train in all areas of theatre. For the application, click here.
- Eligibility: Must maintain full-time students status at Loyola University Chicago and major in Theatre.
- Requirements: Students must demonstrate financial need with minimum G.P.A. of 3.0
- Applications and Auditions: Applications must be postmarked by February 1. Auditions and interviews are on the above posted date. All recipients are announced before April 1.
- Monetary Value: Varied; determined by the annual contributions from subscribers and friends toward the Theatre program, the student's need, number of applications for the scholarship, and amount of money available.
- Terms for Renewal: Maintenance of full-time student status with minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 in theatre courses at Loyola University Chicago, continued demonstration of financial need, and participation in successful performance in theatre.
J. Pat Miller Scholarship
- This award provides financial assistance to talented juniors that major in Theatre and demonstrate acting potential.
- Eligibility: Must maintain full-time student status at Loyola University Chicago and major in Theatre.
- Requirements: Juniors who demonstrated financial need with a minimum 3.0 G.P.A.
- Monetary Value: Variable.
- Past recipients
James Wesley White, Jr. Scholarship
- The Directors of the James Wesley White, Jr. Scholarship Fund are pleased to announce they are accepting applications for its annual scholarship in honor of James “Jay” Wesley White, Jr. Current sophomores and juniors majoring in theatre are eligible to apply for the $1500 scholarship. Applications are due by April 20, 2015. You may contact the scholarship committee for more information at email@example.com.
- Eligibility: Must be either Sophomore or Junior majoring in Theatre at Loyola University Chicago.
- Applications and Auditions: All applicants must submit an application. You may contact Angele White for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or download this application: James Wesley White Jr. Scholarship
- Monetary Value: $1,500 for the academic year.
- Past recipients
Mary Angela Schoen Scholarship
- Mary Angela Schoen earned a B.A. in Theater from Mundelein College and a Masters in Public Speaking from Northwestern University. She taught Theater and Public Speaking at Mundelein and retired in 1991. In recognition of her love of teaching and commitment to education, her husband Alan, a graduate of Loyola, established this scholarship. This award is awarded annually to undergraduate students who demonstrate financial need and major in Theatre with a 2nd major/minor in Fine Arts or Music.
- Term of Scholarship: The entire fund balance is to provide annual tuition assistance. Recipient(s) are selected and announced in the Spring and the scholarship will be awarded in the Fall for the upcoming academic year.
- Applications: In order to apply for the scholarship, students are required to submit an application by April 1, 2015 to the Department of Fine and Performing Arts. As part of the application process, the Chairperson of the department may require students to interview with the Director of Theatre or his/her designee(s). For the application, click here.
- Eligibility and Requirements: Full-time undergraduate student(s) at Loyola who have declared a major in Theatre and have declared either a 2nd major or minor in Fine Arts or Music, and who maintain a minimum G.P.A. of 3.0. Students must also show a demonstrated interest or involvement in Women's issues.
- Monetary Value: Partial scholarship(s) of up to $2,500, with the exact amount of each scholarship and the total number of scholarships to be determined at the discretion of the Chairperson of the Fine and Performing Arts.
- Initial Award: Determined by the Chairperson of the Fine and Performing Arts in consultation with the Directors of Fine Arts, Music and Theatre.
The Mighty Quinn Foundation Scholarship
In honor of Quinn Rooney, a passed Loyola student and Connecticut native, the Mighty Quinn Foundation (formerly known as the Quinn Rooney Foundation) is offering a $5,000 scholarship for the 2015-16 academic year to a DFPA student who exhibits a love of the arts, education, and hard work.
The scholarship application includes brief personal information and activities/interests sections, as well as a short essay portion and “free form” essay.
The application can be found below and is due by July 1st and can be submitted via email to email@example.com. The winner will be announced on their website shortly after the submission deadline.
To help make college affordable, Loyola offers a number of scholarships and assistance in applying for financial aid.