Faculty & Staff Directory
Paolo Gamberini, S.J., Ph.D.
Title/s: Visiting Professor
Office #: Crown Center 329
CV Link: gamberini cv 2012
Fr Paolo Gamberini S.J. is a Visiting Professor of Theology at Loyola University Chicago. He graduated from the Pontifical Theological Faculty of Southern Italy, Naples – Italy; received his Master degree in Philosophy at the Sacred Heart Catholic University in Milan, and completed his PhD in Theology at the Philosophisch-theologische Hochschule “Sankt Georgen” in Frankfurt/M, Germany . His main research interests are Systematic theology (Christology and Doctrine of the Trinity), Ecumenism (especially with the Anglican Communion), interreligious mysticism, and the comparative study of religions. He has written books and articles on such topics as Relational ontology, Christology in dialogue with the Historical Quest for Jesus and the monotheistic faiths; on the ecclesiological question of “subsistit”; on the reception of the category of “person” in contemporary Asian Theology; on Eastern and Western Mysticism.
Full-time teaching at the Pontifical Theological Faculty of Southern Italy. He has been Visiting Professor at Jesuit School of Theology in Berkeley, CA; Holy Cross College, MA; Boston College (STM).
- Questo Gesù. Pensare la singolarità di Gesù Cristo;
- Un Dio relazione. Breve manuale di dottrina trinitaria;
- Pathos e Logos nel pensiero di Abraham J. Heschel;
- “Relational Ontology and Mystical experience”,
- “With Sincere Reverence: A Christological Perspective for the Interreligious Dialogue Envisioned byNostra Aetate”,
- “Subsistit in Ecumenical Ecclesiology: J. Ratzinger and E. Jüngel”,
- “Incarnation at the Crossroad: The Doctrine of the Pre-existence of Jesus Christ in Dialogue with Judaism and Islam”,
- “The Concept of ‘Person’: A Dialogue with Contemporary Asian Theology”