Faculty & Staff Directory
Jon Nilson, Ph.D.
Jon Nilson received his B.A. and S.T.B. degrees from the University of St. Mary of the Lake before earning his doctorate from the University of Notre Dame. Before coming to Loyola in 1975, he taught at Illinois Benedictine College and the University of Dallas. He has held visiting professorships at the Catholic Theological Union and the General Theological Seminary (Episcopal) in New York. He was President of the Catholic Theological Society of America in 2002-2003.
A study of the role of the Church vis-à-vis racism.
Ecclesiology; Ecumenism; Roman Catholicism in the 19th and 20th centuries; Theological method; African American Religious Thought
- Nothing beyond the Necessary. New York: Paulist Press, 1995.
- Hearing past the Pain. New York: Paulist Press, 2007.
...also, numerous articles in various publications.
- Dostoyevsky, Fyodor, and David Mcduff. The Brothers Karamazov. Harmondsworth Eng.: Penguin, 2003.
- Dunne, John. Time and Myth. Notre Dame: University of Notre Dame Press, 1975.
- Lonergan, Bernard. Method in Theology. Toronto: Univ. of Toronto Press, 1994.
- Rahner, Karl. Foundations of Christian Faith. New York: Crossroad, 1982.