Apply to the CTAE
The CTAE is relentless in its pursuit of the brightest and friendliest of our students. Would you like to become a member of our staff of young go-getters, ready to diagram any molecule, parse any word problem, or tackle any equation, no matter how differential, that may be keeping other students from an "A?" We certainly could use you AND your enthusiasm!
The Center for Tutoring & Academic Excellence welcomes applications for new tutors in all academic subjects. (We most often review applications for biology, chemistry, and modern languages, but we hire for other areas of study regularly.)
Peer tutor positions are highly competitive as tutoring is an excellent opportunity to assist others, build communication and leadership skills, and build your own resume. Put your best foot forward by reviewing the Career Development Center's and correspondence guide, or by calling the Career Development Center at 773-508-7716 for assistance with your applications.
If we cannot offer you a position at the time of your initial application or we are not currently hiring for the subject-area in which you would like to tutor, your application will be kept on file for the academic year.
HIRING PROCESS for CTAE
The Center for Tutoring and Academic Excellence (CTAE) hires
throughout the Academic School based on academic need.
- Applications must be submitted online through www.luc.edu/tutoring.
- Once the applicant has been interviewed, the applicant must submit TWO RECOMMENDATION LETTERS from Loyola Faculty Members who have first-hand knowledge of the applicant’s academic work.
- Prospective Tutors/SI Leaders must have an overall GPA of 3.0 with a 3.2 in their subject area.
- Once hired, the applicant must complete all New Hire Employment paperwork prior to their start date.
- International students may need additional documentation prior to their start date.
- All New Hires must submit the following:
HR NEW HIRE PACKET
TWO FORMS OF IDENTIFICATION OR CURRENT PASSPORT
RECOMMENDATION LETTERS (2)
- All New Hires will complete Online Tutor Training through the CTAE Sakai site prior to their first tutoring appointment.
While Federal Work Study eligibility is not required, preference is given to students who have Federal Work Study as part of their financial aid package. If you are unclear whether or not you have Federal Work Study, information about the program can be found on the Center for Experiential Learning's Student Employment Program pages at www.luc.edu/studentemployment.
All new peer tutors must participate in a required tutor training program.
Student Customer Service and Data Specialist Positions
Student Customer Service and Data Specialist positions are highly competitive. They provide an excellent opportunity to assist others, build communication and leadership skills, and build your resume. Put your best foot forward by reviewing the Career Development Center's interviewing guide and correspondence guide, or by calling the Career Development Center at 773-508-7716 for even more assistance with your applications!
A successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, be an excellent oral and written communicator, be extremely reliable, and be professional. The position responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following: answering the Center phone,researching developments on client requests, performing clerical duties, and informing Center staff and clientele of Center policies and procedures.
All Student Customer Service and Data Specialists must:
- A cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Have excellent communication skills
- Provide 1 work or faculty references
(List contact info for reference on application. PLEASE DO NOT request faculty to send letters with application.)
- Participate in required on going training program
- Work through the end of Finals Week each semester
To apply, complete our online application today!