Installation and configuration Steps
1. Open Firefox
2. When you view any website for example Facebook.com, if it is not encrypted from server side it will appear in the address bar as HTTP
3. Go to the website https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/12714/ and click Add to Firefox
4. Firefox will ask you to install the software as in the image below
5. click Allow (which is on the left corner)
6. Then you will get the following screen
7. Select Install
8. The Force-TLS Addon will be installed and Ask you to restart the firefox browser
9. This window will appear as you restart the browser
Configuring Force TLS
10. Goto Tools->ForceTLS Configuration
11. Add the URL of the websites you want ForceTLS to tell Firefox that they should be served via HTTPS in the future
12. Select force subdomains and then click Add site.
13. Close this window and try the website you viewed before installation.
14. You will now observe the website URL is HTTPS (Encrypted) instead of being HTTP
Your Firefox Browser is now safe from Firesheep attack for only the websites you enter into the configuration settings.
Note:- You can create your own list of sites that you would like HTTPS encryption to be forced. For example, Yahoo mail. When using Force TLS you need to create your own list. By default there is none.