1. Hold down the Windows Key and then press "R". This will open a "run" prompt.
2. Type "cmd" without quotes.
3. At the command prompt, enter: "ipconfig" without quotes.
The IP address (or IPv4 address) will be a series of numbers following the pattern xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (i.e., 184.108.40.206).
1. Navigate to the Desktop
2. Right click the Network symbol in the taskbar
3. Click Open Network and Sharing Center
4. Click Change Adapter Settings on the left sidebar
5. Right click the connection you want to use (either the wired or wireless adapter) and select View Status
6. Click Details. Look for the address next to "IPv4 IP Address".
1. From the Apple menu, select System Preferences.
2. In System Preferences select Network.
3. In the Network preference window, click a network port (e.g., Ethernet, AirPort, modem). If you are connected, you'll see its IP address under "Status:".
2. Under Remote Desktop check the box next to "Allow connections from computers running any version of Remote Desktop." Select OK if prompted with a Remote Sessions popup warning. Click OK to close the System Properties window.
1. Make sure that the "Allow Remote Desktop" box is checked on your computer.
2. Make sure that your computer is turned on and connected to the network.
3. Make sure that you know your computers IP address. Note that this may change when your computer restarts or becomes disconnected from the internet.
Yes you can. Download "Microsoft Remote Desktop" from the Mac App Store.
For your username, try using:
Remember that passwords are case sensitive.
1. Click on this link to run the Firepass Fix:
2. When the screen below appears click on "Run"
3. The following window will load. After it loads, click on the tools menu and select "Remove Components"
4. Select yes to each message below and then your Firepass Client will be uninstalled
5. Once completed you can exit the troubleshooting tool, and close your browser.
Above are answers to the most common VPN questions. If you don't see your question listed, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.