International Freshman Applicants
International freshman applicants to Loyola must submit the following information:
- Online application
- Submit official secondary/high school transcripts. You are not required to submit a credential evaluation up front, but this may be requested at a later date at our counselors' discretion. Freshman applicants would then be requested to obtain a General Evaluation from Educational Perspectives.
- International applicants are required to submit one of the following: SAT, ACT, TOEFL or IELTS scores. You many submit more than one set of scores if you wish. For scholarship consideration, SAT or ACT scores MUST be submitted.
- Submit one letter of recommendation from a teacher or counselor. You may send an e-mail request from our online application, or you can download a recommendation form: Counselor Recommendation Form.
- Declaration and Certification of Finances form, including supporting financial documents
- If you have any unique or special circumstances that you wish to share with us in a personal statement or wish to include any additional information with your application, you may upload items directly from your application status page after you have submitted the online application. This step is optional.
*Students who do not meet the requirements for unconditional admission may be considered for the International Conditional Admission Program (ICAP).
**Incoming students may be required to take placement exams in math, English, and/or writing. The results are used to place students in the courses appropriate to their level of preparation. In some cases this may include a non-credit ESL class or introductory math class.
What is Jesuit Education?
Watch Loyola students, faculty, and staff discuss what Jesuit education means to them.