Statement of Candidacy
Hello, as you’re most likely aware now, my name is Ambris Saravanan and I wish to be your Freshman Representative to the USGA, or Unified Student Governmental Association, for the 2013-2014 terms. Personally, my past experience with high school Student Councils, serving as class president for three years and student body president for 1, my organizational ability provides me with the abilities to properly represent all of the freshman class! My campaign understands that your time is valuable, so we broke down our campaign plan to a simple acronym, TAP. Furthermore, we have also bulleted the key ideas of the TAP campaign to ensure that the voters won’t have to slog through an essay to understand our campaign! Thanks, and I hope to see you around campus!
To be Transparent-
- Appeal to the Loyola University Executives to publish a simple, easy to read, data sheet that shows a breakdown of an individual’s $50,000 a year tuition, showing where our money really goes in making the University better!
- Establish a Politician fact-checker (similar to PolitiFact) for my campaign that will be maintained by an unbiased source that will grade the amount of campaign promises I actually accomplish.
- No outrageous claims. If elected for this term, I promise my voters that I will not begin plans for the next term, as they deserve more than a simple career politician. My marvelous campaign team has helped me design all my promises so that they can be accomplished in this year alone!
To be Accepting-
- Embodying the spirit of Chicago, the TAP campaign has a distinct advantage in that I am an International student of an odd breed. Moving to the United States when I was 7, I wish to run my campaign on the ideals of multiculturalism that I have experienced firsthand. In fact, I still hold an Indian Passport!
- Already one of the most tolerant campuses in Chicago, I will push for a special Committee for Multicultural Affairs, in addition to the many other multicultural organizations already present in Loyola, that would be a body of the USGA senate in charge of acting as a liaison for the members of Multicultural organizations!
- The LGBT community can't be forgotten! Gender discrepancies can't be forgotten either! We've all had to do Haven now with AlcoholEDU, and increased awareness of Sexual Assaults, Bullying, Cyber Bullying, and other horrific acts needs to be a priority! If elected I am deeply interested in working with the USGA Justice committee to right these wrongs.
To Strive for Progress-
- The duty of a civil servant is to serve the people. TAP was designed on this ideal and the TAP campaign will strive to make the voice of every freshman who hopes for Transparency and Acceptance, with Progress towards these goals heard loud and clear in the Student Government. Not only that, TAP will take steps to make these voices and dreams in a reality!