Statement of Candidacy
I am seeking election to become a Freshman Representative for the Unified Student Government Association of Loyola University Chicago. I have over four years of past experience in a Student Government Organization and have organized many non for profit events for my High School and the surrounding communities. Below are some of the events I played a key role in organizing as well as some quick facts about myself.
- President of LTHS Student Government (Two Consecutive Years)
- Secretary of Senior Class
- Member of the LTHS Foundation Board
- Member of the Athletics & Organizations Board
- Presenter at Board of Education Meetings
- Member of the ‘We Are One 4 LTHS’Referendum Committee
- Founder of the LTHS Facebook Page (Over 2,000 members)
- Student Ambassador of the Lockport Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the LTHS Discipline Committee
- St. Baldrick’s
- For two consecutive years I organized the Student Government sponsored event by contacting over 700 Businesses for their support. The event raised over $27,000 to support children’s cancer research.
- Home Goods Event
- In 2011 I organized a community event to raise funds for Student Government. This event consisted of showcasing many small businesses and vendors from across the southwestern suburbs. The event raised over $3,000 and the funds supported school sponsored activities.
-LTHS Facebook Page
- In 2012, I founded the first official Facebook page for Lockport Township High School. The page was created to give students and parents more opportunity to connect with the school as well as promoting school sponsored events. There are now over 2,000 members on the page.