Veterans Educational Benefits
Loyola University Chicago strives to support veterans, active-duty members of the U.S. military, and their family members through federal Veteran’s Affairs (VA) Educational Benefit Programs that provide them resources for their academic success. Loyola University Chicago is a participant in the Yellow Ribbon program.
We encourage all persons that are potentially eligible for these benefits to apply. You must be a degree-seeking student (matriculated into an approved degree or certificate program) in order to receive these education benefits.
You may be eligible for educational benefits, follow the links below for more details. The Financial Aid Office coordinates your Federal Veteran’s Affairs Educational Benefit programs including:
- The Montgomery GI Bill – Active Duty (Chapter 30) - for those who enlisted after 7/1/1985(Chapter 1606 and 1607) - part of the GI Bill effective 7/1/1985
- The Montgomery GI Bill – Selective Reserve (Chapter 1606)
- The Montgomery GI Bill – Reservist Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 1607)
- The Vocational Rehabilitation Program (Chapter 31) for disabled veterans approved by the Veteran’s Affairs for study at Loyola
- The Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 35) - for the spouse and children of deceased or disabled veterans
- The Post-9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33) - for those who served at least 30 consecutive days on active duty after September 10, 2001
- The Post-9/11 GI Bill Yellow-Ribbon program for qualified Post-911 applicants
Note: Loyola University Chicago does not participate in the Illinois Veterans Grant Program (IVG), Illinois National Guard Grant Program (ING), or the Illinois MIA/POW Scholarship Program. These programs are only available at Illinois public institutions.
How Do I Use My Benefits at Loyola?
To use your benefits at Loyola you will need to complete a VA form 22-1990, Application for Education Benefits at the Veteran’s Affairs website. Once the VA has processed and approved your application, you will receive a Certificate of Eligibility (VA Form 22-0557) from their office in response to your request. Please submit copies of your DD-214 and Certificate of Eligibility to the Financial Aid Office. Both forms are used to certify your enrollment with the Department of Veteran Affairs.
Loyola University's Annual Maximum Yellow Ribbon
Graduate Business: $12,000
Law School: $15,000
Financial Aid Office
Loyola University Chicago
1032 W. Sheridan Road
Chicago, Illinois 60660