Back Row Left to Right: Kevin Meier (Advisor), Muhammed Saif Ullah, Aric Talwar, Abdullah Hassan
Middle Row: Theodora Bairaktaris, Samantha Giovannetti, Lindsey Peters, Hillary Toaddy, Claire Jones, Rizwan Khan, Luke Mirabelli, Avani Shukla, Andrew Buiser, Karina Lima
Front Row: Jordyn Lucas, Tamara Koritarov, Karri Hess, Erika Hauber, Yara Shams, Jasleen Singh, Emily Triolo, Alex Remus
Mission StatementThe Wellness Advocates are a team of volunteer, peer health educators dedicated to helping students achieve optimal health and well-being. Wellness Advocates raise awareness of current college health issues and promote healthy lifestyle choices among all students through creative and interactive education programs, advocacy, and leadership. Their efforts enhance a healthy campus culture and encourage individual responsibility for personal and community wellness.
The Wellness Advocates currently address issues of alcohol, tobacco, healthy relationships, stress management, emotional wellness, and nutrition. You may be familiar with some of the Wellness Advocates programs, like the Great American Smokeout, Relax in the Residence Halls, and the Safe Spring Break campaign.
Wellness Advocate Responsibility
The expectations of Wellness Advocates include, but are not limited to:
- Committing to the program for two semesters
- Attending a two-day training program at Loyola the week before classes begin in August
- Attending all weekly meetings
- Volunteering a minimum of three hours/week
- Mastering material on selected health topics
- Creating and implementing promotional/marketing strategies
- Participating in evening and weekend programs as needed
- Meeting established programming requirements
- Representing the Wellness Advocate program in a professional manner
- Serving as a productive member of the team
Want to be a wellness advocate?
Applications Are now closed for 2012-2013 recruitment. Check Back next Spring to apply to join the 2013-2014 group!
Are you looking to put on a health related program? The Wellness Advocates are a great addition to your programming needs! We can help design a program, provide accurate information and up to date statistics, or help facilitate your discussions. If you would like to request our assistance, please fill out and return the program request form by downloading it here.
After you have downloaded and completed the form, email the form to email@example.com and you will here back regarding your request shortly.
We do ask that requests be sent at least 14 days prior to your intended program date in order to plan accordingly.