Gender-based violence is an unfortunate reality on college campuses in the United States. If you have experienced gender-based violence, you are not alone.
- 1 in 6 women will experience completed or attempted rape in her lifetime*
- 1 in 33 men will experience completed or attempted rape in his lifetime*
- College-age women are 4 times more likely to be sexually assaulted than women in the general population**
- 20% of college women (1 in 5) will experience completed or attempted sexual assault at some point during college***
- 4 in 5 campus survivors of sexual assault knew their attackers****