Loyola University Chicago supports pregnant women. A variety of campus and community resources are available to you during this time.
If you suspect you may be pregnant, the Wellness Center offers free pregnancy testing. An appointment with a nurse is necessary, and results are immediate. Call the Wellness Center to make an appointment.
If you are pregnant, remember that the Wellness Center is here to help you. There are professionals available on campus that can assist you in handling your pregnancy and the many feelings and questions that arise from your pregnancy.
- Pregnancy—You may have questions about what to expect during your pregnancy. Please visit Loyola University Health System: Pregnancy & Childbirth for more information. Prenatal care is also available at the Wellness Center. Call for an appointment.
- Counseling—Counseling is available at the Wellness Center to help you discuss your feelings and thoughts related to your pregnancy. Call the Wellness Center to make an appointment with a mental health professional.
- Referrals—The Wellness Center can also provide you with referrals to local resources who can help support you during your pregnancy.
- Can I continue to live in my residence hall? Yes. You can continue to live in your residence hall until your baby is born.
- Can I make arrangements with my professors if I need to miss class? Yes, arrangements can be made. The Wellness Center can assist with this process in a confidential manner. Your professors will not be informed of your pregnancy unless you tell them.
- After my baby is born, can I take him/her with me to class? Classes are intended only for adult students. Therefore, you will need to arrange for child care. Aid for Women can assist you.
During this time of change, University Ministry can provide you with support.
Loyola Students for Life is available to provide peer support. Please email email@example.com for more information.
Aid for Women, a local agency, can provide help with:
- Confidential counseling
- Free pregnancy testing
- Free ultrasound exam
- Emotional support
- A detailed plan of action
- One-to-one mentoring opportunities
- Referrals to free medical services, food & clothing, licensed professional adoption agencies, & emergency shelters