"How to: Writing Center"
A few quick tips on making appointments online:
To start, click "SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT" in the navigation menu at the top left portion of your screen.
1. If you have not yet made a profile, CLICK TO REGISTER.
2. Fill out the short registration profile. Let us know if English is not your first language!
3. Once logged into the system, be sure to choose the correct Writing Center location for you.
4. Now that you have the location down, pick your tutor and time. (Remember: White means available; Blue means unavailable).
5. Click on a white box to make an appointment and fill out the short appointment form. Let us know if you would rather meet online or in person in the "Meet Online?" box. Also, be sure to let us know what you need help with!
6. If you choose "Meet Online," return to this appointment window 5 minutes prior to your appointment by clicking on the box indicating your appointment in the scheduling system. Click "Start or Join Online Consultation."
7. Online appointments will look as followed. You should paste your paper into the window on the left (orange) and we will discuss the paper in the chat window on the right (blue).
8. If you realize that you cannot make a scheduled appointment, click on the appointment box, scroll to the bottom, and select "CANCEL THIS APPOINTMENT." You will be able to do this up to 45 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment.
I hope this short tutorial has helped. If you have any other questions about the Writing Center, please contact our director, Amy Kessel at firstname.lastname@example.org.