"How to: Writing Center"
A few quick tips on making appointments online:
To start, click "SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT" in the navigation menu at the top left portion of your screen.
1. If you have not yet made a profile, CLICK TO REGISTER.
2. Fill out the short registration profile (you only have to do this once!).
3. After logging into the system, choose the most convenient Writing Center location for you.
4. Now pick your tutor and time. (Remember: White means available; Blue means unavailable).
5. Click on a white box to make an appointment and fill out the short appointment form. Let us know if you would rather meet online or in person in the "Yes - Schedule Online Appointment"/ "No, Meet Face-to-Face at the Center" box. Also, give us details about what you need help with!
6. If you choose "Yes - Schedule Online Appointment," return to this appointment window 5 minutes prior to your appointment. You can do this by clicking on the box indicating your appointment in the scheduling system. Click "Start or Join Online Consultation."
7. Online appointments will look like this. Paste your paper into the window on the left and your tutor will discuss the paper in the chat window on the right.
8. If you realize that you cannot make a scheduled appointment, click on the appointment box, scroll to the bottom, and select "CANCEL THIS APPOINTMENT." You can do this up to 45 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment.
If you have any other questions about the Writing Center, please contact WC Assistant Director, Lydia Craig at (email@example.com)