About The Position
A university like no other
LOYOLA UNIVERSITY CHICAGO’S 25th PRESIDENT will lead the institution at an exciting time in its history. Loyola is one of the largest Jesuit universities in the country, with a vibrant urban campus located in a world-class city. The university boasts a 151-year history as a leader in Jesuit, Catholic education. Loyola’s next president will have the exciting challenge of carrying this legacy forward into the future. Among Loyola's many distinctive features are:
- Urban campuses: With primary campus locations on the northeast side of Chicago, in the heart of downtown, and in the western suburbs, Loyola reaches into the life of the city.
- A global presence: Loyola students can study at the esteemed John Felice Rome Center, the Vietnam Center, and study abroad programs in more than 60 countries.
- Health sciences focus: Loyola is home to one of only four Jesuit medical schools in the country, along with a top-ranked nursing school and the new Parkinson School of Health Sciences and Public Health.
- Athletic excellence: On the heels of the men’s basketball team reaching the Final Four and Sweet 16 in the past four years, Loyola's 15 Division I teams will join the Atlantic 10 conference in 2022.
- An interdisciplinary approach: Across our 15 schools, colleges, and institutes, faculty collaborate to improve academic opportunities and research.
We are Chicago‘s Jesuit, Catholic University—a diverse community seeking God in all things and working to expand knowledge in the service of humanity through learning, justice, and faith.