Transfer Credit Policy for New (First Time) Freshmen
Policy on New (First Time) Freshmen Transfer Credit Policy
New first-time freshmen may transfer a maximum of 5 courses carrying up to 4 credit hours each toward their undergraduate degree requirements under the following conditions:
- Students must complete an application form within the first 30 calendars days of initial matriculation at Loyola University Chicago, to be validated by a high school officer, attesting to the fact that the course did not satisfy a high school requirement. The completed form must be received within the first 30 calendar days of initial matriculation at Loyola University Chicago.
- The college course must have been conducted in conjunction with an institution of higher education.
- The student must have earned a grade of B or higher in such transfer courses.
- Students awarded such transfer credit are limited to a maximum of 24 credit hours for the combined total of AP credit, IB credit, CLEP and/or transfer credit.
- The transfer credits will be applied toward the normal 128 credit hour graduation requirements and be consistent with transfer articulation rules in effect for Core, Major, School, or Elective credit.
- An exception may be granted to students who attend a high school in which students may earn an associate degree while in high school; such students may transfer up to 64 credit hours to LUC.
- This policy will be administered by the Office of Registration and Records.