International Students

International Students

The School of Continuing & Professional Studies (SCPS) is home to adult learners like you, and we welcome applications from international students. Our educational experience is transformative—it empowers you to develop your knowledge and skills, find your purpose, shape your identity, and make a difference in your community.

With blended course formats and prior learning assessment, you will not have to rearrange your life nor your finances to return to school to obtain your undergraduate degree or certificate. Our accelerated evening, weekend, and online options also provide you with great convenience.

Discover how much Loyola offers, and learn how we can help you shape the global college experience you desire.

Degree-Seeking Students

Follow these important steps to complete your application for admission to SCPS:

  1. Complete and submit the online application.
  2. Submit official transcript evaluations for all institutions attended outside of the United States, as well as official transcripts for all US institutions attended. Transfer applicants must request a Catalog Match Evaluation from one of the organizations on the list of The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services - to complete an application.
  3. If you have completed less than 20 credits of college work, please submit all high school transcripts or transcript evaluations.
  4. If your native language is not English and/or if your primary language of instruction has not been English, you will be required to submit proof of English Proficiency. This can be demonstrated by submitting one of the following:
    • Official TOEFL score
    • Official IELTS score
    • Official SAT or ACT score
    • Successful completion of English 1 and English 2 at a US institution with a grade of B or higher
    • Successful completion of Loyola’s ADVANCED ESL Program (see more details here)
  5. If you are an F-1 or J-1 student, complete the Declaration and Certification of Finances form and submit it with proof of financial resources showing your ability to cover expenses for your first year at Loyola.

Certificate-Seeking and Online Students

Certificate Students and Student Visas: Loyola does not process I-20 or DS-2019 forms for students pursuing the certificate programs. Our certificate programs are designed as part-time programs for working professionals and cannot be used to obtain or maintain legal status in the United States.

Online Programs: Loyola University Chicago cannot offer online degree programs outside the United States. If you are pursuing your degree online, is entirely YOUR responsibility to determine the state of the law, the potential validity, recognition, and use of the online degree for your jurisdiction. You will need to ensure that that complies with all applicable rules and regulations. If required, we are able to provide a certificate of completion of the BA program or certificates in lieu of a degree to comply with any applicable local law.