Loyola has many outside organizations, that generously grant scholarships to our capable students, to help achieve their goals. Given below is information on the different available scholarships. Note that each header is a link to respective application process document. You can also find further scholarship opportunities on the U.S. Department of Education's website.
- Formswift: Formswift is a start up consisting of a small team made of recent college grads who want to provide students with a way to both pay for tuition and prove their own startup savvy. This company is looking to support students who are interested in startups and the business world.
- CourseMinded Scholarship: The CourseMinded Online Course Scholarship is a highly competitive award for those interested in online teaching & online learning. Students applying must list the online courses they've taught, have taken, or intend on taking, as well as why you're interested in online learning and what you think the future of online courses will look like.
- Scholarships for Women of Color: These scholarships are targeted towards multicultural women of African and Latin descent who are enrolled as undergraduate and graduate students in a variety of academic disciplines
- The Carolyn Cooney REACh Your Goals Scholarship: Every year, REACh (Resources for the Education of Adults in the Chicago Area) announces up to four "Carolyn Cooney REACh Your Goals" $1500 scholarships for the following academic year. This program is designed to assist the growing number of adult learners, like you, who are returning to college.
- Hostelling International Chicago: HI Chicago is offering six $2,000 travel scholarship exclusively for Chicago area residents. The scholarship is open to individuals, ages 18-30, who will engage in an educational or service learning component during their trip. Eligible candidates must also meet specific financial need requirements.
- OppU Achievers Scholarship: This scholarship is for students who transform opportunity into results. The scholarship provides $2,500 for current or future education costs, four times a year. The four deadlines are March 31, June 30, September 30, and December 31.
- Bill Davis Scholarship: This scholarship honors the late Mr. Bill Davis, Director of the Upward Bound project, Loyola University of Chicago from 1969-1990. This scholarship is to commemorate his commitment to education, public image, and student of color motivation. Applications are typically due in March/April of each year.
- Blessons: This is a $1,000 scholarship to assist women with school tuition. Blessons supports women who are 25 years or older and have suffered from cancer, mental illness, physical or emotional abuse, or who are immigrants. More information and the application can be found at this link. For questions, contact Selina Kowalski.
- Horizons Scholarship: Through the HORIZONS Scholarship, Women In Defense encourages women to pursue careers related to the national security and defense interests of the United States and to provide development opportunities to women already working in national security and defense fields.
- Jeannette Rankin Scholarship: This foundation provides scholarships and support for low-income women 35 and older across the U.S. to build better lives through college completion.
Also explore other external scholarships.