BA in Applied Studies
The B.A. in Applied Studies degree provides a strong foundation in communication and business. The required certificate allows each student to focus on a complimentary discipline preparing them to excel in the professional world. SCPS understands that adult students often wish to take a wide range of courses to meet their professional and personal interests, so we have designed this degree to enhance your current career or establish a new one.
FASTRACK Program Benefits
- Customized format gives you the flexibility to gain new applied and theoretical skills and hone the business skills you already have
- Online, evening, and weekend class formats allow you to pursue your passion for education while balancing work and family life
- FASTRACK courses offered at the Cuneo Mansion & Gardens in Vernon Hills offer blended online and weekend course options
- Honoring the knowledge you’ve gained in your previous experiences, students can work on earning non-traditional credit to up to half the major courses.
- A program grounded in the University Core Curriculum, students develop skills crucial to facing the challenges of contemporary society
|Total Number of Major Courses||9|
|Total Number of Major Credit Hours||27 credit hours. Each student's remaining hours toward Core, mission specific requirements, and general elective requirements will vary depending on transfer credit. Please review the curriculum page to learn more about your requirements beyond your major credit hours.|
|Start Terms||Students can begin during any of the 5 sessions throughout the academic year.|
|Transfer Credit Accepted Toward Major||12 credit hours / 4 courses|
|Schedule Format for Major Courses||Major courses offered in 8-week sessions in an online format with evening and Saturday morning meeting times.|
|Schedule Format for Other Courses
(Core, mission, and school requirements)
|Courses offered in 8-week sessions with fully online options, which may include both synchronous and asynchronous components with either evening or Saturday morning meetings.|
|Online. This major can be completed fully online.|
|Master's Program||Students completing their B.A. in Applied Studies with SCPS may have up to 3-4 courses waived from their Quinlan School of Business M.B.A. should they pursue admission to that program.|
|Application and Admission Requirements||Application
Official transcripts from all prior institutions
2.0 GPA or higher and in good standing at all prior institutions
|Tuition and Fees|
Virtual Session: Paralegal Studies
Hot Job Market
Wednesday, September 29, 2021
6:00 PM until 7:00 PM
The Doctor of Nursing Practice program at Loyola University Chicago Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC, 20001, (202) 887-6791.
The US Department of Education requires any institution offering distance education/online programs to students outside of its home state to acquire authorization from the states in which students reside. Regulations vary from state to state. While Loyola University Chicago is authorized, exempt or pursuing authorization in most states, some restrictions apply. Please see our State Authorization page for the most up-to-date information.