Bachelor of Arts in Applied Studies
The Bachelor of Arts in Applied Studies incorporates coursework from a variety of disciplines to build a degree with a wide spectrum of applications. The program focuses on a combination of applied, practical, and global skills, as well as career preparation. Courses allow students to build on their experience and gain a well-rounded skill set to complement the professional experience they already possess while developing critical thinking across a wide range of disciplines including business, communication, global studies, marketing, and writing. Courses are offered on an eight-week accelerated schedule. Students have the flexibility of five enrollment start dates over the course of the academic year (including summer courses).
The Bachelor of Arts in Applied Studies program offers subjects areas in which students can focus their learning. Concentration areas include:
- Business Communication
- Corporate and Organizational Communication
- Criminal Justice
- Organizational Development and Leadership
- Organizational Psychology
- Pastoral Leadership
- Public Relations in a Digital World
- Social Services and Non-Profit Management
As a graduate of this program you will:
- Identify and apply basic communication theories in personal and professional settings
- Improve quality and effectiveness of business writing
- Learn to effectively communicate, collaborate, and lead within a structured organization
- Develop a greater understanding of the role of business applications and practices in an organization
- Identify and build upon your personal skill set
Learn more about this program.
Get a feel for our downtown Water Tower Campus by making a visit. Meet with current students and professors, see the facilities, and learn more about how Loyola can help you reach the next level in your career.