Academic Advisory Committees
The School of Continuing and Professional Studies utilizes academic program advisory committees for different subject areas.
The purpose of these committees is:
- To provide ongoing evaluation and consultation on the curriculum
- To keep curriculum current and updated
- To incorporate knowledge, skills, attitudes, and values identified by industry representatives
- To make course learning relevant to students in their chosen fields
With these outcomes in mind, the committees use the following best practices to ensure maximum effectiveness and success:
- The committees use established techniques for group problem solving and decision making
- The committees use established processes and procedures for short-range and long-term planning
- The committees use appropriate techniques for futuristic forecasting and anticipatory planning
Learn more about:
- The Dean's Alumni Advisory Board
- Loyola's Criminal Justice Program Advisory Committee
- Loyola's Computer Science Program Advisory Committee
Contact Dina Carr, Director of Partnerships at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.