Cuneo Museum and Gardens
In December 2009 Loyola University Chicago received the largest gift in its over 140 year history from John F. and Herta Cuneo, Jr., and the Cuneo Foundation - the Cuneo Museum and Gardens plus money for scholarships, academic buildings, and maintaining the museum and gardens. As a result of this gift, the Loyola Libraries' Archives and Special Collections received approximately 400 linear feet of records documenting the construction of the Cuneo mansion and gardens, the Cuneo family, and the Cuneo museum. These records are currently being processed by Archives staff and finding aids will be made available online as they are finished.
- Office of the Director, Barbara Hirschfeld records, 1990-1998 These records reflect the tenure of the first director of the Cuneo Museum and Gardens who oversaw the transition of the estate from private house to historical house museum.
- Administrative records, 1946-2006
5.75 linear feet of correspondence, notes, invoices, inventories, press releases, articles, event programs, reports, promotional materials, appraisals, conservation information, and research on architects and owners.
- Hawthorn Farm Construction records, 1914-1916
4. 0 linear feet of correspondence, notes, daily logs, agreements, time logs, and payroll books reflecting the work of the George A. Fuller Co. as the general contractor for the construction of Samuel Insull's Hawthorn Farm residence. Please note that the blueprints for the house and garden are not yet available.