CHOOSING A COLLEGE IS COMPLICATED, AND ARRUPE IS NOT YOUR TYPICAL SCHOOL. Here, we take extra steps to help keep you on track, from your first campus visit to applying for financial aid. We’re here to help you navigate every step of the process.
Explore All that Arrupe has to offer
There's a lot to learn about Arrupe. Here, you will explore what interests you, pursue your passions, and leave transformed. It's about more than what classes you'll take. It's the community support, opportunities for leadership development, and the time you spend with friends. Your time here will prepare you to continue your education with confidence.
Help us get to know you
We know (and you know) that your talents cannot be summed up in a single number, so we take a holistic approach to reviewing your application.
When applying to Arrupe:
- Submit the online application. Be sure to start and submit your online application as your information cannot be saved to complete for a later time (your letter of recommendation and essay can be added after submitting the online application).
- Ask your high school to send us your official transcript. Transcripts must be sent electronically to Loyola University Chicago, not Arrupe College. Due to our campus closure, we prefer electronic transcripts. They can also be mailed to:
Arrupe College of Loyola University Chicago
1032 W. Sheridan Rd.
Chicago, IL 60660
- Test scores are optional, but if available, they can be sent electronically. Our ACT school code is 1064 and the SAT school code is 1412.
- Submit a 500-word essay on the following topic: Describe a challenging situation that you have been through. How did you handle that situation? What have you learned from that experience? You will be able to upload a pdf or word document of your essay after you submit your application.
- Ask for a letter of recommendation from your college counselor. If you do not have a college counselor, the letter may be submitted by an individual who is involved in your college search process, such as a teacher or principal.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Please use Loyola University Chicago's school code (001710) when submitting the FAFSA. If you are an undocumented student or a DACA-eligible student, you are not required to file the FAFSA but you can apply for the Alternative Application for Illinois Financial Aid.
The priority deadline for applicants is March 1. Select students will be asked to interview, based on documents provided, for admission to Arrupe College. More information on completing this interview will be made available to selected students after an initial review of the application.
Check your status
Pay for your education
An Education With Little to No Debt
You’re probably concerned with the cost of college. But at Arrupe College, you’ll earn your Associate’s Degree at a much lower cost than you’d think. Most students will graduate with little or no student loan debt, so you’ll have a clean slate and be ready for success at the four-year college of your choice.