The Loyola University Libraries hold over 1.1 million volumes and 10,000 print and online journal subscriptions.
The University Libraries provide online access to a rich array of electronic resources through the Libraries website, including the online catalog, journal article databases, Ask Live (24/7 chat), library information, and other helpful links.
Check out the Arrupe College Library Research Guide, which contains information, resources, and links relevant to research.
- Loyola University Libraries Schedule
- Research Assistance: Get research assistance at the reference desk (located at Corboy Law Center 6th Floor) or arrange for an individual appointment with the Arrupe College Librarian. Assistance is also available online by clicking on the Ask Live Link.
- Online Book Catalog: Our card catalog includes the print and electronic holdings for all University Libraries, including Law and Health Sciences.
- Audiovisual Materials: The AV collection consists of DVDs and online video collections. Both the Water Tower Campus and the Lake Shore Campus have a browsable popular DVD collection.
- Intercampus Loan: Materials can be sent between campuses free of charge. Please allow two-three business days for this service.
- Interlibrary Loan: Materials not available in the University Libraries’ collections can be borrowed free of charge from other libraries. Journal articles and chapters are received electronically in one-two business days. Please allow five-10 business days for books.
- Reciprocal Borrowing Agreements: The University Libraries have agreements in place with many other institutions (including University of Illinois at Chicago, DePaul University, and Northwestern University) that allow Arrupe College students, faculty, and staff to use the facilities and collections of other academic libraries.