- The Illinois Department of Human Services' (IDHS) Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) and your local Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) agency are working together to support families to get the information and resources the need to find and select the best childcare for their child.
- El Valor has four Children & Family Centers, a Technology Center, a Vocational Development Center and six Community Residence Homes for adults with disabilities. Programs work with families throughout the Chicago metropolitan area.
- Quality childcare can be hard to find. Our experienced Parent Consultants can help. Consultants assist families with accessing and paying for child care that would otherwise be incredibly difficult, or impossible to afford.
- For over 40 years, Casa Central’s Early Learning Academy (ELA) has provided safe, nurturing, bilingual, and bicultural early childhood programming with proven results. The ELA offers center-based and home-based options for children to help prepare them to excel in kindergarten and beyond. We welcome children with special needs.
Collab4Kids- childcare for pre-school age children in Oak Park and River Forest
- Learn more about whether your child qualifies for Publicly Funded Preschool, email email@example.com or call 708-613-6122 ext. 8.
Nature Play and Wellness for Children - Nature120 is an anti-racist, inclusive collective for trauma-informed healing through nature play and wellness practices.
YMCA of Metro Chicago - infant, toddler, and preschool care as well as after school programming.
- The Y supports children as young as 6 months old to 5 years old for their care programs. They offer supportive staff and care and each child receives formula, diapers, and wipes are provided at no extra cost.
Dependent Care Resources
- Celebrating over forty years as a nonprofit home care program, where caregivers provide non-medical home care assistance to help you manage everyday activities, while creating a comfortable daily routine for yourself and respite for your family. A full range of fee-based services are available to support temporary or ongoing needs, to ease the challenges of aging, illness, injury or post-surgery, and to be proactive and preventative in nature.
- In-Home Service provides assistance with household tasks such as cleaning, planning and preparing meals, doing laundry, shopping and running errands. Home Care Aides also assist participants with personal care tasks, such as dressing, bathing, grooming and following special diets. To see if you are eligible for this service, please contact the CCU listed above.
- A variety of support services are available citywide to address the diverse needs and interests of older adults, from those who are active and healthy, to those residing in long-term care facilities and seniors who are fragile and may be confined to home.
- A public service of the U.S. Administration on Aging connecting you to services for older adults and their families.
- MedTec hires people to provide care for a senior in their own family/household. There is no experience required to provide care, MedTec provides all the training, and pay rate is $16/hour in Chicago. Call 847-470-4701 to learn more.
- Casa Central has been providing compassionate and trustworthy care to Latino and other older adults for more than 40 years. Our in-home and center-based programs respond to each participant's individualized needs, and support older adults in achieving the highest possible quality of life through bilingual and culturally responsive services.