Diversity and Inclusion Institute
The Diversity and Inclusion Leadership Institute equips executives with the values, knowledge, and tools to design and implement enterprise-wide diversity and inclusion strategies. This first-of-its-kind Institute engages cross-functional teams to explore how diversity and inclusion can enhance each business function—from human resources to supply chain to executive governance—and can add both social and financial value. Cohort members will graduate with a Certificate in Diversity and Inclusion Leadership and participating companies will be recognized for their commitment to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion.
Leveraging Loyola’s leadership in diversity and inclusion, corporate social responsibility, business ethics, human resources, supply chain, and executive leadership, the Diversity and Inclusion Institute offers:
- Four Learning Sessions
- Cohort members will cover topics including diversity and inclusion as a business imperative, unconscious bias and inclusive leadership, supplier diversity, attracting and retaining diverse talent, building inclusive cultures, and change management
- Two Individualized Coaching Sessions
- Cohort members will work with a strategy coach to develop and deepen a tailored approach to their company/organization’s diversity and inclusion strategy
Applications will be accepted through June 30, 2020.
The Diversity and Inclusion Institute is a first of its kind cohort-based certificate program for executives from mid- to large size companies and large scale nonprofits that seeks to provide executives with the tools to develop a diversity and inclusion strategy that is uniquely aligned with the business strategy and bottom line. The Institute is also designed to actively involve key inclusion stakeholders, from across functional areas. Cohort members are encouraged to invite up to three leaders from their companies to participate in executive education sessions and strategy workshops. Participants will benefit from teaching, learning, and strategic counsel in the following areas:
- Business Strategy
- Developing a deeper understanding of diversity and inclusion as a business imperative
- Aligning diversity and inclusion strategy with enterprise strategy
- Building diversity and inclusion strategies that actively involve inclusion stakeholders across functions
- Leveraging Diverse Talent
- Attracting and retaining diverse talent
- Supplier diversity
- Developing diverse leadership pipelines
- Building inclusive cultures
- Unconscious bias and inclusive leadership
- Change management
The Diversity and Inclusion Institute will meet every other month (with a break in December) from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. from September 2020 through March 2021, with a celebratory dinner taking place in April 2021. Each learning session will have a specific learning objective and will be structured to promote a high level of open peer exchange and feature facilitated strategy workshops. Alongside these monthly meetings, cohort members will participate in two individualized coaching sessions and will be invited to attend the Baumhart Center’s fall Leading for Good leadership breakfast.
Throughout the Institute, cohort members are encouraged to invite up to three leaders within their companies to participate in the four learning sessions.
The Diversity and Inclusion Institute will have its executive education and strategy workshops on the following dates from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. in classroom 806 of Loyola University’s Schreiber Center at 16 E. Pearson Street in Chicago.
- Thursday, September 17, 2020
- Thursday, November 12, 2020
- Thursday, January 14, 2021
- Thursday, March 11, 2021
- April Celebratory Dinner (TBD)
Global Head of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Strategy for Staffing
President and CEO
Chicago Community Trust
Executive VP and Head of Corporate Social Responsibility and Global Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Vice President, Corporate and External Affairs
We are seeking the foremost leaders for inclusion to join the inaugural cohort of the Diversity and Inclusion Institute as founding members and to be our partners in moving the needle for diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging our workplaces.
We seek professionals who:
- Have proven experience in engaging teams to solve complex problems
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of their company’s current diversity and inclusion strategy and can clearly identify areas of opportunity to move the needle
- Have the power to engage inclusion stakeholders and executive leadership in cohort learning sessions
- Are passionate about and committed to moving the needle for diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging across sectors and industries
The Diversity and Inclusion Institute costs $5,000 for the year.
The cost includes:
- Four full-day learning sessions
- Two individualized coaching sessions
- All food and drink
- All materials
June 30, 2020
Applications are due by 5 p.m.
July 15, 2020
Applicants are notified whether they have been admitted to the inaugural class of the Diversity and Inclusion Leadership Institute.
September 17, 2020
The first session takes place, launching the inaugural class of the Diversity & Inclusion Leadership Institute.