Campus Ministry holds Taizé Prayer during the fall and spring semesters every Wednesday at 9:30 p.m. in Madonna della Strada Chapel. Click here for more information. For more information about the Pilgrimage or to participate musically in weekly Taizé, contact Steven Betancourt, Director of Music. You may also visit the website for the Taizé Community.
Over Spring Break, Campus Ministry sponsors a pilgrimage to the Taize community in France. We depart on March 3, 2018 and return on March 11, 2018. Get info after Taizé Prayer on two Wednesdays: September 20 and September 27.
First Time Pilgrim: $1000 and includes round trip airfare from Chicago O'Hare to Lyon, France, round trip ground transport from Lyon airport to Village of Taize and housing and meals in the Village of Taize. A portion of this cost is subsidized through Campus Ministry.
Returning Pilgrim: $1500 and includes round trip airfare from Chicago O'Hare to Lyon, France, round trip ground transport from Lyon airport to Village of Taize and housing and meals in the Vilalge of Taize.
PILGRIMS! Pay here for trip payments.
- Deposit to secure spot: $100, due on November 7, 2017
Initial deposits, used to confirm your spot on all trips, are non-refundable, regardless of any circumstances.
- First Payment due on December 4, 2017: $200 for first timers, $400 for returners
- Second Payment due on January 22, 2018: $350 for first timers, $500 for returners
- Third Payment due on February 19, 2018: $350 for first timers, $500 for returners
The balance of the trip can be deposited at any time after acceptance. If a student withdraws from a trip before January 22, 2018, any monies beyond the non-refundable $100 and cost of airfare may be returned to them upon the discretion of Campus Ministry. After January 22, 2018, all fund deposited will NOT be returned to the student.*
* Rare exceptions may be made for students with extreme circumstance (death in the family, parental job loss, etc), but on a case by case basis. One refund does not set precedence for future refunds.
This trip is open to Loyola University students only.
Have a valid passport and applicable visas. Airfare cannot be purchased without a passport.
Questions? Contact Steven Betancourt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pre-trip orientation and formation meetings
- 1 post-trip meeting
- Attend Taize Prayer on campus
- Communicate while traveling to ensure safety, enjoyment, and unity among all
- While on the Pilgrimage, engage and participate on all facets of the group experience, including:
- Prayer in the village, 3 times a day
- Bible study
- The working
- Other activities as presented by the Community of Taize
- Group meetings among LUC attendees