2020 PILGRIMAGE DATES
February 29-March 8, 2020
Over Spring Break, Campus Ministry sponsors a pilgrimage to the Taizé Community in France, which is an ecumenical religious community that is is the inspiration and pattern of our weekly prayer service. Campus Ministry celebrates Taizé Prayer during the fall and spring semesters every Wednesday at 9:30 p.m. in Madonna della Strada Chapel. To learn more about our weekly Taizé Prayer, click here, or if you would like to sing or play and instrument during the weekly Taizé Prayer, contact Steven Betancourt, Director of Music. To learn more about the religious community in France please visit the website for the Taizé Community, or join us for an information session in McCormick Lounge after Taizé Prayer on September 4, 2019.
This trip is open to current Loyola University students only.
First Time Pilgrim: $1000 and includes round trip airfare from Chicago O'Hare to Lyon, France, round trip ground transport from Lyon airport to Village of Taizé and housing and meals in the Village of Taizé. A portion of this cost is subsidized through Campus Ministry.
Returning Pilgrim: $1500 and includes round trip airfare from Chicago O'Hare to Lyon, France, round trip ground transport from Lyon airport to Village of Taizé and housing and meals in the Village of Taizé.
PILGRIMS: Click here to pay for trip payments.
- Deposit to secure spot: $100, due on November 7, 2019
Initial deposits, used to confirm your spot on all trips, are non-refundable, regardless of any circumstances.
- First Payment due on December 5, 2019: $200 for first timers, $400 for returners
- Second Payment due on January 23, 2020: $350 for first timers, $500 for returners
- Third Payment due on February 20, 2020: $350 for first timers, $500 for returners
The balance of the trip can be deposited at any time after acceptance. If a student withdraws from a trip before January 23, 2020, any monies beyond the non-refundable $100 and cost of airfare may be returned to them upon the discretion of Campus Ministry. After January 23, 2020, all fund deposited will NOT be returned to the student. Rare exceptions may be made for students with extreme circumstance (e.g., death in the family, parental job loss, etc.), but on a case by case basis. One refund does not set precedence for future refunds.
You must have a valid passport and applicable visas. Airfare cannot be purchased without a passport.
If you have any questions, please contact Steven Betancourt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 4 pre-trip orientation and formation meetings
- 1 post-trip meeting
- Attend Taize Prayer on campus
- Communicate while traveling to ensure safety, enjoyment, and unity among all
- While on the Pilgrimage, engage and participate on all facets of the group experience, including:
- Prayer in the village, 3 times a day
- Bible study
- The working
- Other activities as presented by the Community of Taize
- Group meetings among LUC attendees