Campus Ministry and Community Service and Action Further Engagement
The following message is for Jewish students on campus and any other student that wishes to remain involved with Hillel. In moments of stress and chaos, it becomes even more critical to findways to stay connected to our communities. For this reason, Hillel at Loyola is working with the rest of Metro Chicago Hillel to provide programs as a fully unified Jewish student community.To stay updated on Jewish learning opportunities, wellness check-ins, contests and more, follow @metrochihillel on Instagram and join the group “Chicago Area College Jews” on Facebook.In the coming weeks we will also be providing support to help students prepare for Passover. Please reach out to Caroline@metrochicagohillel.org if you have questions or want to learn more about Hillel’s Pesach related programs, Seders and resources.
Muslim Chaplain, Omer Mozaffar, will be spending 3-5 hours a day on Zoom either in 1:1 meetings or in groups. Additionally, he is engaging in WhatsApp conversation groups and 1:1 spanning throughout the entire day and night. For more information on how to get connected, please email him at email@example.com
Fr. Thomas Chillikulam, S.J. continues to be in touch with the Hindu students via phone, email, and Zoom. For more information on how to get connected with HSO or Fr.Thomas, please email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
All of the follwing normal programming will now continue virtually through Zoom or other social media services.
- Sundays: Ecclesia (Sunday worship)
- Mondays: Student Leader Meetings
- Tuesdays: Devotion + Prayer
- Wednesdays: Small faith-sharing groups
- Thursdays: Community night
Throughout the week:Student will have the ability to participate in discipleship meetings
Water Tower Campus Ministry:
- Students involved in Labre leader formation can still participate virtually over zoom.
- Applications for Labre Leaders for the 2020-2021 academic term are still taking place over the course of the next few weeks.
- A Zoom prayer service will be held on select Thursday nights for those experiencing homelessness in lieu of the routes that usually take place in person
- Inside Insight
- Inside Insight will continue remotely via zoom for the month of April.
- General WTC Life
- Campus Ministry will be providing a variety of prayer resources for those involved with our department via email.
For any additional questions and concerns please contact, Grace Girardot, email@example.com
All athletic chaplains (including five Campus Ministry staff members) are being coordinated through Lauren Schwer. Chaplains have been in touch with their teams through email, groupme, phone calls, and zoom. They continue to share conversations about the department’s mission theme on deepest desire of the heart. If you have any additional questions, please reach out to Lauren Schwer, firstname.lastname@example.org
CLC groups will continue to meeti virtually via Zoom, which will either be student led or facillitated by a professional staff member. The CLC Council continues their weekly formation meetings as well. Additionally, CLC leader applicants will continue to be screened for next 2020-2021 academic year. Please contact Lauren Schwer, email@example.com, with any additional questions/concerns.
- Busy Student Retreat will continues throughout Lent. 50 students are praying weekly and meeting weekly with a spiritual director via Zoom. This will conclude on April 10th.
- Unwritten Retreat previously scheduled for March 20-22 is moving to an online evening format during the week of April 6. It is free and open to all Loyola students. Register here
- Retreat leader applications, interviews, and selection process will continue through April 10th (including emailing all past participants and leaders to encourage to apply)
- Applications for next year’s Spiritual Exercises are open for the next two weeks, with interviews to follow.