Liturgies: Online and In-person
Madonna della Strada Chapel is open after being closed during the COVID-19 pandemic. While we look forward to the time when we can fully reopen and resume our complete schedule of liturgies, your health and safety are our staff’s priorities. Following the guidelines of the Archdiocese of Chicago, the State of Illinois, the City of Chicago, and Loyola University, we began to live stream the Sunday Mass at 10:30 a.m. on July 26, and opened the chapel in stages beginning August 2.
Starting in 2021, all of our live stream events will move to the YouTube platform (Sunday Mass, Weekday Mass, Taizé Prayer, Organ Concerts, and other special events). The Campus Ministry YouTube channel can be found at youtube.com/c/LUCministry, subscribe and turn on notifications to know when we are online!
Beginning March 10, Loyola University Chicago is increasing capacity of events in the chapel to twenty-five people but limiting attendance to Loyola students, faculty, and staff, who participate in Loyola's Surveillance Testing Program. This is difficult news for those of you who will no longer be able to join us for the foreseeable future. We are extremely grateful for all the community members who have volunteered at the chapel since we reopened. We are saddened that we won't see you for a while, but we look forward to the time when we will see you again in the chapel.
YouTube Links to Livestream
Thursday, May 6, 2021
Daily Mass at Noon: https://youtu.be/p7-XzwHu_Pk
Sunday, May 9, 2021
Sunday Mass at 10:30a.m.: https://youtu.be/i2k3FIXLKXg
Saturday, May 15, 2021
School of Law Baccalaureate Mass at 9:00a.m.:
Law School Baccalaureate Mass 2021 Worship Aid
Summer 2021: May 9 through August 22
Attendance at all liturgies at the chapel is limited to current Loyola students, faculty, and staff, who participate in Loyola's Surveillance Testing Program. Please use your luc.edu email address when you register, or your registration will be automatically cancelled.
- 10:30 a.m. Mass, register online
Before you arrive
Please read this guide for what to expect at the chapel.
Beginning March 10, Loyola University Chicago increased capacity of events in the chapel to twenty-five people but limited attendance to current Loyola students, faculty, and staff, who participate in Loyola's Surveillance Testing Program.
Please abide by the following guidelines when you attend any liturgy in the chapel:
- If you are ill, have tested positive for COVID-19, or have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for the virus, please stay at home and view our Masses online at the links above.
- Make a reservation to attend Mass, Adoration, or Taizé Prayer using "SignUp.com" (see the links beside each Mass time in the list above).
- Wear a cloth face covering or mask that covers the mouth and nose at all times.
- Arrive at least 10 minutes before your reservation begins and check in with the greeter by the glass doors on the south east side corner of the chapel. We will not be able to accommodate late arrivals!
- Follow the instructions of the chapel staff and volunteers while inside the chapel.