Designed in the Art Deco Style, Madonna della Strada Chapel opened its doors to the Loyola University Chicago Community in 1939. It is the University's main chapel. Renovation of Madonna della Strada began in July of 2006 and concluded in August of 2007.
- New air conditioning and heating systems.
- Enhance original artwork throughout the chapel by adding gold leafing, plaster borders.
- Additional icons written on the walls in the apse, ambulatory and gallery railing.
- New floor of inlaid marble designed in the art deco style.
- New plaster moldings and capitals added to the supporting beams.
- Enlarged sanctuary and new liturgical furnishings.
- New immersion baptismal font at the main entrance of the chapel.
- New lighting and sound systems.
- New organ added in 2008.
- Four new bells added to the tower in 2014.