Fall Break Hours (10/8-10/11):
10/8-10/9: 12pm - 4pm
10/10-10/11: 7am - 4pm
Fall Halas Pool Hours:
Saturday & Sunday: 12pm-8pm
The Halas Pool is an 8 lane, 25 yard pool that reaches 7 feet deep and allows for both lap swim and space for free swim. Kickboards, pull-buoys, and aqua jogging belts are provided for members’ use. The Halas Pool can be accessed through the locker rooms or the hallway by the Family Changing Room.
The temperature of the Halas Pool is kept around 78 degrees Fahrenheit, based on the National Swimming Pool Foundation's recommendations for pools that serve lap swimmers, swimming lessons, and recreational swim. This is also in line with the Illinois Department of Public Health recommendations.
- Halas Recreation Center Aquatics staff may ask swimmers to stop any activity the staff judges to be unsafe. This includes, but is not limited to: Playing Chicken, running on deck, diving in the shallow area, and dunking.
- For your health and hygiene, appropriate swimwear (bathing suits) must be worn at all times; street clothes, sportswear, and undergarments are not allowed.
- Swimmers should shower before entering the pool to prevent the spread of illness. Halas Recreation Center has a Family Changing Room available for use.
- Floatation devices must be Coast Guard approved. Every approved PFD will have a product label with information about the intended use of the device, the size of the person it will fit, any special care instructions, and how to properly wear the PFD. It will also say whether the PFD is U.S. Coast Guard approved. No label? Then it’s not approved and should not be used!
- Diving is not allowed; Flipping is not allowed.
- No hanging on lane lines.
- Ladders are to be used only for entering or exiting the pool. Playing on ladders is not permitted.
- Lane Sharing Etiquette: Multiple swimmers can share a lane at one time; please use circle swimming, in a counter-clockwise rotation.
- Please do not swim if you have diarrhea or communicable diseases.
Swimming in the Halas Recreation Center Pool is a supervised activity, and a certified lifeguard must be present prior to the pool being opened. Pool hours are subject to change based on the availability of qualified personnel. Schedule changes will be posted as much in advance as possible.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com or call 773-508-2602.