Group Swim Lessons
Dear Swim Lesson Families,
We are introducing some exciting new changes to our Group Swim Lesson program at Loyola University Chicago! We are aiming to streamline the registration process and improve the flexibility and quality of classes. We will be blocking the lessons so that all preschool levels occur at one time, and all older levels occur at one time. This will make classes more flexible and make scheduling easier for both parents and instructors.
The following changes will be made to the program:
• For all levels except for Parent/Tot, registration will be done by age rather than level. You will either register for Parent/Tot, 5 & Under, or 6 & Older. Previously, children age 5 and under were in either Rambler 1, Rambler 2, or Rambler 3. Children age 6 and above were in Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5. Now, you will not need to choose a level during registration. Simply choose the age group your child is in.
• Instructors will test your child and assign them to a level upon arrival on the first day of a new session. As they progress, if they complete the level during the session, they can immediately advance to the next level upon instructor recommendation. You will still be able to come to class at the same time if your child advances.
• More classes will be occurring at once, and more instructors will be present. This allows for greater control over class sizes and skill differences within groups. This is also what will allow instructors to ensure children are in the appropriate level and advance them during the session without hassle. These are the new times for lessons:
o 9 - 9:30 a.m. - Parent/Tot and 5 & Under
o 9:45 - 10:30 a.m. - 6 & Over
This style of programming has been adopted at many other Red Cross pools. There are many benefits to scheduling lessons in blocks instead of scheduling by level:
• There is greater flexibility when grouping the children, so we can keep class sizes smaller and place children in groups with others at their skill level.
• Registration is easier for parents, you only need to indicate their age, we will assign the level.
• As children progress with their skills, they can advance to higher levels during the session without needing to change to a different class time.
• Families with children of different levels can have their class times together. If all children are in the same age group, they will all be in their classes at the same time!
We are very excited about this change! If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Kathryn Dunn, Program Coordinator for Facilities and Aquatics at email@example.com.
o Session 1: 9/7 - 10/12 (No Class 10/5 due to Fall Break)
o Session 2: 10/26 – 11/23
o Session 1: 9/9 – 10/17 (No Class 10/7 - 10/8 due to Fall Break)
o Session 2: 10/28 - 11/26
Parent/Tot: 9 - 9:30 am
5 & Under: 9 - 9:30 am
6 & Over: 9:45 – 10:30 am
|5 & Under||$65|
|6 & Over||$75|
Registration: Registration can be done in person at the Halas Recreation Center Desk or online at https://campusrec.luc.edu. Members of the Loyola Community should use their current LUC Login Credentials. If you do not have an LUC email address, you can create an account by clicking the 'Sign Up' link at the top right.
Family Swim Pass
Currently taking swimming classes and not a member of Halas? Would you like some extra time to practice skills learned in lessons? You can purchase a family swim pass for $25 per semester.
Swim Passes are valid for the whole family at the following times:
No transfers, refunds, or make ups for missed lessons.
Get the most out of Red Cross swim lessons with the new FREE Swim App from the American Red Cross! Created as a companion to the newly-updated Learn-to-Swim program (including Preschool Aquatics), this app will help you keep your swimmer motivated, while providing you the latest in water safety guidance to help ensure your family stays safe in, on and around the water. Download it directly from the Apple App Store, Google Play, or Amazon Marketplace.
Questions? Contact Kathryn Dunn at firstname.lastname@example.org