Digital Fitness Resources
Campus Rec is here to help you find resources to stay active while at home!
In these challenging times, many of you may be looking for at-home workouts. Here are some great FREE options you can find right from your smart phone, computer, or tablet!
- Life Fitness: https://go.lifefitness.com/wod - a variety of bodyweight "Workouts of the Day" and stretching/relaxation sessions.
- Matrix: https://matrixlearningcenter.com/us/exercise-library/ - downloadable exercise short clips; provides information about proper form, positioning, and purpose of each exercise.
Tips to stay active while sitting at your new office or study space:
- Desk Stretches: If you're sitting all day don't forget to get up and stretch. You'll feel a lot better!
During these tough times, being active is more important than ever. Exercise is helpful to stimulate your immune system, enhance your mood, give you a sense of accomplishment, decrease your stress levels, and keep you strong and fit.
Health advocates recommend the following for optimal mental and physical health:
- Maintain a healthy diet and eat regularly
- Set up a schedule for yourself and aim to accomplish a couple of goals each day
- Get enough and try to maintain a sleep schedule
- Exercise!! This doesn't have to be hardcore; just be active:
- stretch several times each day,
- use your own bodyweight or books/household objects for strength training
- go for a walk or jog** using social distancing guidelines
Once we resume operations, please visit this website to check out more information regarding our Personal Training and Group Fitness programs!
Campus Recreation offers a variety of Group Fitness Classes. All Group Fitness Classes are located in our four studio spaces: HRC1 Studio (downstairs), the Functional Training Studio (downstairs), the Spin Room (upper level), and HRC2 Studio (upper level). For more information, see the Group Fitness page.
Looking for one-on-one training? We actively offer Personal Training in the Fall and Spring semesters. For more information see the Personal Training page.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com