Work Out Reservations and Group Fitness Reservations
In an effort to keep you safe, Campus Recreation will be following all CDC, University, State, and City guidelines, which means a limit on the number of Ramblers in Halas at any given time. If you'd like to use Halas, you will need to register for a time to work out or reserve a space in a group fitness class:
- To reserve a time to work out, log into our Member Portal with your LUC UVID at https://campusrec.luc.edu/
Digital Fitness Resources
Campus Rec is here to help you find resources to stay active while at home!
In these challenging times, many of you may be looking for at-home workouts. Here are some great FREE options you can find right from your smart phone, computer, or tablet!
- Life Fitness: https://go.lifefitness.com/wod - a variety of bodyweight "Workouts of the Day" and stretching/relaxation sessions.
- Matrix: https://matrixlearningcenter.com/us/exercise-library/ - downloadable exercise short clips; provides information about proper form, positioning, and purpose of each exercise.
Tips to stay active while sitting at your new office or study space:
- Desk Stretches: If you're sitting all day don't forget to get up and stretch. You'll feel a lot better!
During these tough times, being active is more important than ever. Exercise is helpful to stimulate your immune system, enhance your mood, give you a sense of accomplishment, decrease your stress levels, and keep you strong and fit.
Health advocates recommend the following for optimal mental and physical health:
- Maintain a healthy diet and eat regularly
- Set up a schedule for yourself and aim to accomplish a couple of goals each day
- Get enough and try to maintain a sleep schedule
- Exercise!! This doesn't have to be hardcore- just be active!
- stretch several times each day,
- use your own bodyweight or books/household objects for strength training
- go for a walk or jog using social distancing guidelines
Once we resume operations, please visit this website to check out more information regarding our Personal Training and Group Fitness programs!
Campus Recreation offers a variety of Group Fitness Classes. All Group Fitness Classes are located in our four studio spaces: HRC1 Studio (downstairs), the Functional Training Studio (downstairs), the Spin Room (upper level), and HRC2 Studio (upper level). For more information, see the Group Fitness page.
Looking for one-on-one training? We actively offer Personal Training in the Fall and Spring semesters. For more information see the Personal Training page.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org