Congratulations! We are happy to announce that you will be attending the Spark Communications job shadow program. We believe the program will prove to be a wonderful learning experience. To that end, please see below for important information about logistics and what you can do to maximize the day.
Program Date/Time: Thursday, Jan. 10th; 10am – 4pm with lunch included.
Location/Meet Up Location: 222 Merchandise Mart Plaza, Suite 550
Chicago/Meet in the Spark Communication lobby at 9:30 a.m.
It is imperative you arrive on time!
Point of Contact : Michelle Thomas, firstname.lastname@example.org, 312.970.8680
Company Overview: Spark Communications was created in 1999 (as StarLink Worldwide) and is a full-service media agency that combines the resources of a large network with the creativity and agility of a high-touch agency to get to the heart of what matters to our clients. Backed by the power of Starcom MediaVest Group, Spark is part of one of the largest and most celebrated global brand communications and consumer contact organizations, with more than 110 offices in 67 countries worldwide.
We bring innovative ideas, unparalleled collaboration and unbeatable marketplace access to our clients. With a 360° view of the market, we design media-neutral consumer experiences spanning Digital, TV, Print, Mobile, Radio, OOH and all forms of video that drives real business results on behalf of our clients’ brands.
- Welcome and intro to Spark
- Overview of our client work
- Media Director panel and discussion: We encourage students to submit questions ahead of time so we can get the conversation going.
- Peer breakouts for each medium: We ask that students submit the top three forms of media that they would like to learn more about. Each rotation will include an overview from an associate or supervisor who specializes in that area followed by a Q/A session.
Transportation: CTA is the easiest form of transportation, hop on the Brown Line and get off at the Merchandise Mart. If you choose to drive, there are public parking garages. Please note that you will be required to arrange for your own transportation to and from the Job Shadowing site.
Misc.: Make sure to bring at least two copies of your resume and please come prepared with questions!
How To Prepare:
- Research Spark Communication in advance by reviewing their website and through the Vault Career Insider (http://www.luc.edu/career/vault.shtml User Name: lucvault Password: lucvault)
- Be prepared to answer questions about yourself that relate to your experiences, skills, interests, and goals.
- Think through several areas you'd like to know more about and generate specific questions you may want to ask.
- If you are unable to attend due to an emergency, please call the Career Development Center at 773.508.7716. Don't just fail to show up!
- Be on time!
- Wear business casual attire. Dress pants/skirt or khakis and dress shirt/sweater along with dress shoes or boots. No jeans, tshirts, sweatshirts, tennis shoes, etc. Women avoid low cut tops or short skirts.
- Be professional: While at the organization, you are representing yourself and Loyola University Chicago. Use a firm hand shake, be attentive, show enthusiasm, and keep a positive attitude!
- Remember issues of confidentiality. What you hear/see may need to stay on site.
- Get business cards from the professionals you meet for follow-up and future contact.
- Thank your hosts before you leave and remember to send a follow up thank you note!
Please let Marty know if you have any questions (email@example.com; 773.508.2895)