Congratulations! We are happy to announce that you will be attending the WMS Open House program on Jan. 23, 2013. We believe the program will prove to be a wonderful learning experience. To that end, please see below for important information about logistics and what you can do to maximize the day.
Wednesday, Jan 23rd; 10am-1pm. Lunch will be served.
WMS Gaming Chicago. Technology Campus is located at 3401 North California Avenue Chicago, IL 60618. Students should gather at 9:30 am in the lobby of the building located at 3401 N. California check-in and ask for Michelle.
It is imperative you arrive on time!
Point of Contact:
Michelle Havrilla; firstname.lastname@example.org; phone: 773-961-1502
WMS is a leading global innovator in the design, manufacture and distribution of electronic and digital gaming entertainment and gaming machines for the casino industry. The WMS core values of Passion, Integrity, Innovation, Quality and Respect create a deeply embedded Culture of Innovation that fuels the imagination and creativity of our development teams and drives innovation with a purpose.
Students will meet with a wide range of team members and managers, see a presentation, get a tour of the facilities.
11:00-12:00 p.m.: Tour
12:00-1:00 p.m. : Lunch with Staff
If you are driving, there is a visitor parking lot located on Roscoe just east of the intersection of Roscoe and California Ave. WMS is easily accessible by Public Transportation. Please use the CTA trip planner to plan your route.
Make sure to bring multiple copies of your resume and please come prepared with questions!
You must forward a signed NDA to Marty (email@example.com) by Jan. 18
How To Prepare:
- Research WMS in advance by reviewing their website
- Be prepared to answer questions about yourself that relate to your experiences, skills, interests, and goals.
- Think through several areas you'd like to know more about and generate specific questions you may want to ask.
- If you are unable to attend due to an emergency, please call the Career Development Center at 773.508.7716. Don't just fail to show up!
- Be on time!
- Wear business casual attire. Dress pants/skirt or khakis and dress shirt/sweater along with dress shoes or boots. No jeans, tshirts, sweatshirts, tennis shoes, etc. Women avoid low cut tops or short skirts.
- Be professional: While at the organization, you are representing yourself and Loyola University Chicago. Use a firm hand shake, be attentive, show enthusiasm, and keep a positive attitude!
- Remember issues of confidentiality. What you hear/see will need to stay on site.
- Get business cards from the professionals you meet for follow-up and future contact.
- Thank your hosts before you leave and remember to send a follow up thank you note!
Please let Marty know if you have any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org; 773.508.2895)