On-Campus Interviewing (OCI) is an opportunity for Loyola students and alumni to interview on-campus with employers for internship and full time positions. OCI begins in early September and continues through mid-November, with interviews in the Spring beginning in late January and continuing through mid-April.
To apply for interviews, students must submit their resume/cover letters and sign up through their Handshake (formerly RamblerLink) account. For further instructions about OCI, please download the On-Campus Recruiting Guide or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Loyola students and alumni are eligible to participate in OCI.
The season for on-campus interviews is as follows:
- Fall: September - November
- Spring: January - April
Interviews are conducted at various locations at the Water Tower campus. Check the schedule in Handshake to find the exact location of your interview.
There are two types which determine how you can sign up for an interview:
- Preselect: Employers will choose qualified candidates for interviews based upon submitted resumes. If you are preselected, you can sign up for an interview slot during the Preselect Sign-up period.
- Open: Employers will interview all interested candidates who qualify based on job requirements and candidate qualifications. With open schedules, you may sign up for an actual interview time slot at the time that you apply.
NOTE: Once you have signed up for a time slot, you are committed to the interview or you will be subject to the Cancellation or No-Show Policy.
These dates determine when you can apply and sign-up for an interview. You should be aware of the following trigger dates for each job posting: Resume Submission, Preselect Sign-ups, Alternate Sign-ups, and Sign-up Deadlines.
NOTE: Preselects and Alternates have different sign-up dates.
- Cancellation Policy: If you decide that you are no longer interested in interviewing for a position before the employer decision is made, withdraw your application through Handshake as soon as possible. Once you sign up for an actual time, you have until 48 hours prior to the interview to change your mind. If you need to cancel within a scheduled interview's 48 hour no-change period, you must call 773.508.7716.
- No-Show Policy: If you did not show up to your scheduled interview without 48 hour notice, please write the recruiter a signed letter of apology for the inconvenience you caused and send a copy to Career Services. Failure to submit the letter will result in loss of interviewing privileges. You will have to meet with the Director in order to have privileges restored.
NOTE: For more information, please review the Student Code of Conduct.
If there is an emergency and you cannot attend a scheduled interview that day, contact Career Services at email@example.com or 773.508.7716 so that we can notify the employer.