Exploring & Planning Intentionally for Career + Life (UNIV 102 EPIC Life)
Thinking of changing your major? Undecided? Do you love your classes but feel unsure of how your major will translate into a career? This 1-credit class will help you assess your skills, aptitudes, interests, and motivational and personality preferences, then critically research applicable career paths. It is ideal for 1st/2nd year students. You'll leave with new ideas, valuable tools, and a personal action plan.
According to 2021 course evaluations, here are some student comments about UNIV 102:
- "This class has really helped me learn about my interest, values, skills, and has shown me how I can apply them to find a field of work that would fit for me."
- "It was really engaging with all the assessments we took and the different aspects of careers we talked about."
- "Overall, I feel much more prepared to enter adulthood knowing that I have a plan and that wouldn’t have been easily achieved without this class."
- "Not only did the assessments help my decision making, but it also helped my motivation."
- "I truly loved coming to this class, and I learned a lot of valuable information that will help me in the future!"